Tailgate Table recommendations?

Ogormanste

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Looks great ! Quality piece of kit , use mine all the time when camping .
Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my Front Runner and put it to use within about 2hrs of installing it. The table is solid and quite heavy for it's size. I was expecting it to be tinny but not the case. No rattles thus far, and the mounting holes line up nicely for the install. If you have a helper you could probably get this thing installed with in 20 min. Gotta say it is damn useful. Also, I saw many reviews about the wood cutting board being cheap and throw away. Front-runner must have been listening because the board that came with mine is not bad at all. It deffinetly doesn't make me want to run out and buy a nice peace of mahogany or Bambu to replace it, like I thought I would have to do. I was expecting the wood to be something like what's used in the paddle ball toy sets sold at Walmart. Needless to say I was pretty surprised.
Nice man! I'm moving this one to the top of my list. I also need to look up curt and buy one of those hitch extenders for my Kuat NV rack.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Nice man! I'm moving this one to the top of my list. I also need to look up curt and buy one of those hitch extenders for my Kuat NV rack.
My Kurt extender has play in it (doesn't fit snug into the hitch), so anything I mount to it wabbles a bit. If I could do it again I wouldn't not buy. In fact, if anyone knows an extender that doesn't wabble I'd be happy to hear about it.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had my finger on the button for this one today, but I happened to read a few reviews on Amazon (not many reviews on there) and it said the wood used is really cheap. However I guess that doesn't matter since we can cut our own wood for that. Waiting for some reviews on here about it.
Frontrunner was great. I did varnish the cutting board and had to redrill a few mounting holes. I highly recommend it

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
My Kurt extender has play in it (doesn't fit snug into the hitch), so anything I mount to it wabbles a bit. If I could do it again I wouldn't not buy. In fact, if anyone knows an extender that doesn't wabble I'd be happy to hear about it.
Hitch tighteners are relatively inexpensive and work well. I use the ubolt style for my towing hitch.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hitch tighteners are relatively inexpensive and work well. I use the ubolt style for my towing hitch.
Hey thanks for the tip. I ordered one today. Not sure if it will work with my hitch extender setup, but worth a try at a cost of $11.00. Do you thing it will work with mine (see pick above in previous post)?

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I run the Overly expensive Outback adventures tailgater and I love if. Not to say the front runner or other tables aren’t good but when I was researching I got a lot of mixed views only mixed review I got was on the outback one is price so I went that route and couldn’t be happier I love the stainless look too

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? B1F5A800-ED66-441C-A2CA-07CCDB3C7FE1
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? DE5A62CD-09EC-4610-AA4F-AF34BBE39825
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? 0AE0B7E6-AB6C-4A3E-8705-6CF6B2FA6DD0

A372CC58-A1CB-4667-92A3-DE9B3273ABE4.jpeg

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Hey thanks for the tip. I ordered one today. Not sure if it will work with my hitch extender setup, but worth a try at a cost of $11.00. Do you thing it will work with mine (see pick above in previous post)?
Hmm not sure actually. You might be able to sneak it on right where the hitch receiver ends. But that ubolt is made for a 2" square. There may be enough tolerance to make it fit but can't say for sure.

Sponsored

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
I run the Overly expensive Outback adventures tailgater and I love if. Not to say the front runner or other tables aren’t good but when I was researching I got a lot of mixed views only mixed review I got was on the outback one is price so I went that route and couldn’t be happier I love the stainless look too

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? A372CC58-A1CB-4667-92A3-DE9B3273ABE4
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? A372CC58-A1CB-4667-92A3-DE9B3273ABE4

A372CC58-A1CB-4667-92A3-DE9B3273ABE4.jpeg
Looks great - does the board slide all the way out or is there a catch that stops it at a certain point?

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great - does the board slide all the way out or is there a catch that stops it at a certain point?
There is no catch it will slide all the way out. I try to only slide about 3/4’s of the way out

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
This is an exterior mod instead of interior mod?

I started with the Amazon.com $59 Chinese knock-off of the Mopar table. It was better than I expected and the customer support from the person who obviously was not a native English speaker was quite good too.

I eventually replaced it with the one from Rock Slide Engineering because I expected to place heavier loads than what I thought could be reliably supported via the crimped loop braided steel cables of the Mopar-style design. The Rock Slide table is much deeper than any other table out there because it has a hinged two piece table top. As a bonus it has an upper level too. I appreciate the very simple design: all aluminum sheet and hinges. No special hardware or small pieces to wear out over time.

It does not have the slide out cutting board which means I cannot use my 2 burner Coleman camp stove with the 1 lb propane tank hanging off the side. But even the smaller upper table is deep enough to comfortable hold a single burner butane stove. If you live near a Korean supermarket you can get a higher quality version of these stoves and good butane cans for far less price than other retail outlets.

The upper table tilts up and out of the way if you need to place a tall item on the lower table. The upper table is also very solid if you need to be cutting vegetables but uncomfortably high if you are short or have lots of food prep to do.

It did rattle a lot when I first got it but after I placed some small rubber kitchen cabinet bumpers and some foam furniture feet in strategic locations it rattles far less.

D0FE1E7B-D831-4CD8-9C35-959BEF571AC8.jpeg

98812849-E9EA-4CE3-BF56-0871B86BB84D.jpeg

02A5EECE-C0F2-476D-9751-36CA20C16A58.jpeg

F6420F11-7109-4A81-921B-A1A407A6B365.jpeg