Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I suppose it is this.....but I thought I bought a different brand name. Install was pretty straight
forward. Likely better ones on the market......but I likely will use mine but a few times each year. Not out much if it does not hold up. But it seems adequate for my needs. I did have to re-clinch the cable hardware.....but it works.....and I saved some money. I also have a small roll-up portable table. If we take our camp chairs I also take the small "cocktail" table.
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Finally got around to installing the Front Runner table. Overall, solid product, with the exception of the cutting board that came with it. The board is really flimsy, almost like it's balsa wood. Also, the board had a bunch of dings and scratches on it as if it was salvaged off of the floor of a lumber yard. I would've expected better from a table this expensive. I decided to paint the back of it to match my Jeep, as well as add a molle panel from 5.11 Tactical.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? 20200818_155236

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? 20200818_155303

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Finally got around to installing the Front Runner table. Overall, solid product, with the exception of the cutting board that came with it. The board is really flimsy, almost like it's balsa wood. Also, the board had a bunch of dings and scratches on it as if it was salvaged off of the floor of a lumber yard. I would've expected better from a table this expensive. I decided to paint the back of it to match my Jeep, as well as add a molle panel from 5.11 Tactical.

Nice mod I ordered my Front Runner Today.

BADBREW

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon JLUR
+1 Springtail. No rattles. Great fitment and easily adjustable. IMO...Most of these little tailgate tables are way overpriced

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Looks good.. waiting for mine to get here.

JLJS74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4DR JL
I have the VersaTable from American Adventure Lab. I would say the installation would be easy except for getting power to the light that’s part of the table. That was too much for me, so I had my local mechanic do it. Once installed, the thing is awesome. Very sturdy, great materials, well made, and versatile.

TheJanitor6203

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2.0 turbo, auto
Not bad at all. The folks at AAL really work hard to make sure the install and instructions are spot on.

brett
Where did you run the wiring for the light? I just placed my order for one but it’s backed up a few months. I saw one guy ran it to the 12v cigarette outlet in the back left but was curious why he didn’t just run it to the wiring already in the tailgate.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I think my Front Runner is arriving today. yay

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Quick question to all who have already done the install of the front runner on JL. You know the spacers that come with the hardware packet, and the holes that you have to drill into the panel, are the spacers supposed to fit into the holes or mount flush against them. The instruction say "into" but I just want to be sure.

Ogormanste

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Quick question to all who have already done the install of the front runner on JL. You know the spacers that come with the hardware packet, and the holes that you have to drill into the panel, are the spacers supposed to fit into the holes or mount flush against them. The instruction say "into" but I just want to be sure.
They push into the hole but protrude from it enough to give the correct spacing when fitted. The install is super easy , just follow the instructions to the letter and it will fit perfectly . Hope this helps .

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Finally got my Front Runner and put it to use within about 2hrs of installing it. The table is solid and quite heavy for it's size. I was expecting it to be tinny but not the case. No rattles thus far, and the mounting holes line up nicely for the install. If you have a helper you could probably get this thing installed with in 20 min. Gotta say it is damn useful. Also, I saw many reviews about the wood cutting board being cheap and throw away. Front-runner must have been listening because the board that came with mine is not bad at all. It deffinetly doesn't make me want to run out and buy a nice peace of mahogany or Bambu to replace it, like I thought I would have to do. I was expecting the wood to be something like what's used in the paddle ball toy sets sold at Walmart. Needless to say I was pretty surprised.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? IMG_20200831_131340

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table recommendations? IMG_20200828_194745

Screenshot_20200831-134354.jpg
Sponsored