First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
I've read most people seem to be happy with them, I have also read you will get more than 2" of lift if that's OK.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ChadPARubicon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon-two door gas V6
I've read people seem to be happy with them, I have also read you will get more than 2" of lift if that's OK.
Ok. I am in a tough situation because I have a two door JL Rubi and want to run 35s and about 2 to 2.5 inch lift and some provide less and other more. I am looking at Clayton Overland Plus 1.5 and 2.5 inch. Also MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5 and then I saw Synergy had some positive comments and also Rusty's advanced lift. I want a good ride around town/highway and also will get shocks as well.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Hi,

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of Synergy Manufacturing. I am looking at a 2 to 3 inch lift kit and these look well engineered and was wondering if anyone heard anything from people running Synergy. Saw this kit below and it looks very nice.

https://www.synergymfg.com/jeep-jl-...lu-2-inch-lift-stage-2-suspension-system.html
Yeah, I got their disconnectable sway bar end links. LOW QUALITY MANUFACTURING!!!

You think there'd be some quality control before they ship something out. But not the ones I got. I had read some older reviews that said they were really good quality, along with some more recent reviews which said that the company had fallen off, and even watched WayOfLife install one of their pieces on his 2dr, a track bar or something.

Turns out the negative reviews were correct. Not only was the manufacturing on my sway bar end links poorly done. One of them would go down to the smallest size, but the other one stops about half a centimeter from where the lowest point should be, there was too much metal on the end and I guess quality control didn't catch it.

I made it work and I installed them anyways, and I figured I would chop up the one that was too long this upcoming summer, but about 3 weeks after I installed them, they started bleeding out all of the grease which came with them. So I went to my dad's house, and he had a tool to refill it, so I refilled them, only to have them bleed out again from the gaskets around the bushings about 2 weeks ago.

I've been running without sway bar end links connected for the first year and a half of ownership. I got really used to driving without end links, even at highway speeds, including a couple of evasive maneuvers. The Jeep is more than capable of it, you just got to get used to the body roll and how to handle it.

I did up removing my whole sway bar including the end links. I'll probably hold on to it for a little bit, and then I'll either see if I can't sell it or throw it away. Maybe a scrap yard wants it, I don't know. 🤔

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Manufacturing Lift Kit IMG_20240101_211141050

Either way, I WILL NEVER BUY SYNERGY MANUFACTURING PARTS EVER AGAIN!!!

Mine was only a $125 part, I can't even imagine the idea of spending $2,000 or more with them!

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Manufacturing Lift Kit Screenshot_20240112-064406-210

Do yourself a favor, there's some things you shouldn't cheap out on. Lifts are one of them!

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Hi,

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of Synergy Manufacturing. I am looking at a 2 to 3 inch lift kit and these look well engineered and was wondering if anyone heard anything from people running Synergy. Saw this kit below and it looks very nice.

https://www.synergymfg.com/jeep-jl-...lu-2-inch-lift-stage-2-suspension-system.html
I was noticing too, almost $4,000 and that lift doesn't even come with shocks. That's a massive rip off!!

I'll show you a downgraded version of the one I plan on going with. Mind you the one I'm going with in the long run is like $8,000 so I probably won't get that for like 10 to 20 years, but I'll probably get a downgraded version sometime before that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Manufacturing Lift Kit Screenshot_20240112-065827-192

Evo manufacturing, with King shocks, same price as yours, even comes with a track bar.

You can play with it too, they have 2.0 Bilstein shocks as well for a little less money than the Kings.

Here's the link to the picture above, you should play with their website little bit too, mix and match, see what you can get out of it.

https://evomfg.com/products/evo-man...pension-systems-for-jl?variant=42350144356590

Both Evo Manufacturing, and King Suspension are good quality companies, providing good quality products, at honestly a reasonable price considering what you're getting. Don't forget, that's the same shocks that are on the Raptor, and we all know how badass the Raptor is!!

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I remember some having issues with the double adjuster setup on the control arms.

It will cost a little more because you lose any bundle discount, but you should be able to seperate springs/shocks from most of the kits by buying the other components. RK, MC, and most other manufacturers sell each component individually.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I remember some having issues with the double adjuster setup on the control arms.

It will cost a little more because you lose any bundle discount, but you should be able to seperate springs/shocks from most of the kits by buying the other components. RK, MC, and most other manufacturers sell each component individually.
Yeah, my experience with synergy is similar… had a guy have me change out his draglink because the pinch bolt wouldn’t tighten enough, the two sides were hitting and it was still letting the shank move…….heard of problems with control arms but can’t verify with any real world experience……

That said, I ran a Synergy tie rod ( got a deal I couldn’t pass up) for a couple years without any issues …. I’m not gonna say anything bad about Synergy as I’m running their sector shaft/tierod brace also without issues, but I personally don’t like pinch bolts. So for that reason I don’t recommend them…..

OP, you can get a complete RK or MC lift for that kinda money, that would be my recommendation……this one for example…

https://rockkrawler.com/jl-2-5-adventure-x-mid-arm-no-limits-system/

Last edited:
OP
OP

ChadPARubicon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, my experience with synergy is similar… had a guy have me change out his draglink because the pinch bolt wouldn’t tighten enough, the two sides were hitting and it was still letting the shank move…….heard of problems with control arms but can’t verify with any real world experience……

That said, I ran a Synergy tie rod for a couple years without any issues…. I’m not gonna say anything bad about Synergy as I’m running their sector shaft/tierod brace also without issues, but I personally don’t like pinch bolts. So for that reason I don’t recommend them…..

OP, you can get a complete RK or MC lift for that kinda money, that would be my recommendation……this one for example…

https://rockkrawler.com/jl-2-5-adventure-x-mid-arm-no-limits-system/
Absolutely Roky. I was looking at MC GameChanger 2.5 with Rocksports or Fox....or else Clayton Overland Plus 2.5 with Fox perhaps. I have a two door JL Rubicon. Just tough decisions! Want a good ride on the highway or around town as much as possible.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely Roky. I was looking at MC GameChanger 2.5 with Rocksports or Fox....or else Clayton Overland Plus 2.5 with Fox perhaps. I have a two door JL Rubicon. Just tough decisions! Want a good ride on the highway or around town as much as possible.
Yeah, 2 doors are a little tougher to get it like you want it…..Ride quality is so subjective, one guys soft is another guys firm and so on….It’s hard to get a definitive answer……

I know from experience that the RK springs usually yield the advertised height and have a really nice on road ride when paired with their shocks or Fox shocks…..but there again, its just an opinion, lol… best of luck to you and if there’s anything I can help with, just holler… ✌

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I was noticing too, almost $4,000 and that lift doesn't even come with shocks. That's a massive rip off!!

I'll show you a downgraded version of the one I plan on going with. Mind you the one I'm going with in the long run is like $8,000 so I probably won't get that for like 10 to 20 years, but I'll probably get a downgraded version sometime before that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Manufacturing Lift Kit Screenshot_20240112-065827-192

Evo manufacturing, with King shocks, same price as yours, even comes with a track bar.

You can play with it too, they have 2.0 Bilstein shocks as well for a little less money than the Kings.

Here's the link to the picture above, you should play with their website little bit too, mix and match, see what you can get out of it.

https://evomfg.com/products/evo-man...pension-systems-for-jl?variant=42350144356590

Both Evo Manufacturing, and King Suspension are good quality companies, providing good quality products, at honestly a reasonable price considering what you're getting. Don't forget, that's the same shocks that are on the Raptor, and we all know how badass the Raptor is!!
Be forewarned; when you order from EVO more times than not you'll be missing hardware or something else and get an endless run-around from them to get what you paid for. Would not recommend.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ChadPARubicon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be forewarned; when you order from EVO more times than not you'll be missing hardware or something else and get an endless run-around from them to get what you paid for. Would not recommend.
Evo is very pricy and I am not sure what justifies them having prices that high. I don't see them being a better product than Clayton, MC, or RK. Word 302 I am thinking like you said.....MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5 inch. Go with Rocksports too?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Evo is very pricy and I am not sure what justifies them having prices that high. I don't see them being a better product than Clayton, MC, or RK. Word 302 I am thinking like you said.....MetalCloak GameChanger 2.5 inch. Go with Rocksports too?
Rocksports are good twin tubes and a good value, but are designed for crazy flex. You will need a driveshaft.

I’m not saying not to go with them.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I've seen a few EVO kits replaced by Rock Krawler by the local shop because they didn't last very well. One of them even had a weld fail IIRC.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I don’t have any experience with the Rocksports. They are super cheap and almost disposable. The only Metalcloak lift I did had Fox shocks.