First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
United States Air Force
So I do not have the Mopar AUX switches installed in my 2019 Rubicon. I was wondering if anyone has done any custom aftermarket switch installation? I plan to make a relay box and install a switch panel inside but do not know the best place to mount the switch panel. I am trying to stay cheap on this I know there are Spods and other similar products but I am not trying to spend more than 200-250. I do like the Rough Country MLC-6 Multiple Light Controller but the relay box does not fit the 4-cylinder model. I am sure I can get it to fit somewhere without issue because I really like the switch panel, auto cut-off, and how the switch panel mounts. Are there any other options out there or any other custom ideas that any of you have done?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So I do not have the Mopar AUX switches installed in my 2019 Rubicon. I was wondering if anyone has done any custom aftermarket switch installation? I plan to make a relay box and install a switch panel inside but do not know the best place to mount the switch panel. I am trying to stay cheap on this I know there are Spods and other similar products but I am not trying to spend more than 200-250. I do like the Rough Country MLC-6 Multiple Light Controller but the relay box does not fit the 4-cylinder model. I am sure I can get it to fit somewhere without issue because I really like the switch panel, auto cut-off, and how the switch panel mounts. Are there any other options out there or any other custom ideas that any of you have done?
Check out the youtube channel Ben Anton. He did a install video about adding custom switches to power aux lighting because he too does not have the factory mopar switch panel.

OP
OP
mcknight_14

mcknight_14

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
United States Air Force
Check out the youtube channel Ben Anton. He did a install video about adding custom switches to power aux lighting because he too does not have the factory mopar switch panel.
Thanks I will check that out.

Harrison

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Hey just following up on this thread I had the same question just curious what you ended up going with/mounting locations
-cheers

JaysJL

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
Not sure if this is still something someone is looking at but I just installed the rough country switches in my 4cyl and it works great

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I just mounted my 4 switches here to the left lower panel, cost $10 (since I didn't have anything pulling more than 15 amps :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Switch Question IMG_0443.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Switch Question IMG_0444.JPG

Dewey7015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door, hardtop, 6 speed.
i'm trying to figure out a wireless FOB, to trigger the relay box, under the hood...and just have the FOB mounted somewhere...working on it...

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SportS 2DR 6 Cyl Hardtop
I just mounted my 4 switches here to the left lower panel, cost $10 (since I didn't have anything pulling more than 15 amps :)

IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG
Nice! Brad I appreciated your other topic post on wiring for the F57 tandem fuse; was very helpful to power an aux light relay next to battery.

Jeep Wrangler JL Switch Question Button_3

Those dash spaces seem easy to work, but are for nimble hands and patience, can't imagine
four switches, were they quick disconnects?

I pulled wire up into the engine raceway and through the manual trans firewall hole to one switch in that dash area and did solder but with wire pulled forward of dash, bit easier, and two screws behind, as the switch maker's solder needed rework.

Jeep Wrangler JL Switch Question Button_1

Jeep Wrangler JL Switch Question Button_2

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nice! Brad I appreciated your other topic post on wiring for the F57 tandem fuse; was very helpful to power an aux light relay next to battery.

Jeep Wrangler JL Switch Question Button_2

Those dash spaces seem easy to work, but are for nimble hands and patience, can't imagine
four switches, were they quick disconnects?

I pulled wire up into the engine raceway and through the manual trans firewall hole to one switch in that dash area and did solder but with wire pulled forward of dash, bit easier, and two screws behind, as the switch maker's solder needed rework.
Nice job!
Yeah, I used insulated spade connectors on those switches to make the install easy. I used a 3/4" step drill for the holes and had to really press those switches in hard to get them to set, but they did :)

Dewey7015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door, hardtop, 6 speed.
Anyone put some OTRATTW switches here?
Jeep Wrangler JL Switch Question 20210113_073240
Sponsored