Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
Looking to set the fender lights (parking) as the DRL vs the turn signal. I have switchback bulbs and when I use the Flashcal to set the DRL to turn signal it is always amber vs white. Any possibility of this being available in the near future?
We'll have to look into that.

I have used my new Flashcal for the JL to adjust tire size and gears for my 4.88s I just put in. Every time I plug it back in and check the gear ratio, it still says “stock” as the first default option. Is something not working correctly? Should the Flashcal first display the 4.88s I saved or does it always do that? Running the latest software. It saves my tire size and tpms settings just fine. Do I need to keep the bypass module always plugged in?
This is normal behavior, but we are looking to have it save/display the currently programmed value.
Sponsored

louisblr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Speedometer calibration issues

I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 35 x 12.5 x 17 tires on my jeep rubicon JL and used the Flashcal to change the tiresize to 34.75. The speedometer is consistently off by 5%, Jeep shows driving at 42 miles/hr vs. waze or other speedometer tools at 40 miles/hr. Has anyone else faced this problem and found a fix? I will do hit and trial by lowering the tire size, which might help but it's not the right solution.

35 is printed on the sidewall, but the specification for the tire is 34.54". I used a straight edge and a tape measure to measure the length from the ground to the top of the tire and it measured 33.75". I entered that number in the FLashcal and it tested it accurate with a GPS against the speedometer. Good to go.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
35 is printed on the sidewall, but the specification for the tire is 34.54". I used a straight edge and a tape measure to measure the length from the ground to the top of the tire and it measured 33.75". I entered that number in the FLashcal and it tested it accurate with a GPS against the speedometer. Good to go.
My 35" grapplers measured at 33.75 as well. I went up to 37" grapplers and they came in at 35.25. You have to actually measure the tire underweight to get the accurate number to use in the flashcal.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just had my 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport (JL) 3.6L V6 standard.

I had a local shop install/balance the 33" tires (I replaced the stock 31") a week or two ago.

Then this week I had a lift kit installed, and I forgot to ask them to calibrate the tire size.

So today I tried to do this myself, since really it is simple...but I can't get the two connectors to come off.

I press the clip and they move down 2-3 mm, but no more...I'm afraid to pull to hard, not wanting the wires to come out.

Am I worrying too much? Should I just jack the suckers?

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Just had my 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport (JL) 3.6L V6 standard.

I had a local shop install/balance the 33" tires (I replaced the stock 31") a week or two ago.

Then this week I had a lift kit installed, and I forgot to ask them to calibrate the tire size.

So today I tried to do this myself, since really it is simple...but I can't get the two connectors to come off.

I press the clip and they move down 2-3 mm, but no more...I'm afraid to pull to hard, not wanting the wires to come out.

Am I worrying too much? Should I just jack the suckers?
push in the lock, pull on ALL the wires at the same time so not just one takes the brunt.
They’ll come down.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
push in the lock, pull on ALL the wires at the same time so not just one takes the brunt.
They’ll come down.
Thanks, that worked! I was able to change the wheel/tire size. :)

beckbuilt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392, 18 JLUS
We'll have to look into that.

This is normal behavior, but we are looking to have it save/display the currently programmed value.
Mike,
I'm having trouble getting my Flashcal to return the vehicle to stock. I keep getting an error that it is unable to return to stock.

Has anyone experienced this?

Also, while returning mine to stock I noticed the gear ratio options do not match what came in the 2018 JL Sahara's. Flashcal has an option for 3.55, but the Sahara's came with 3.45s. Is the flashcal value incorrect?

Thanks

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
560.jpg

The time has come, the wait is over, and JL Wrangler® owners are in luck. Superchips most popular tire and gear calibrator for the Jeep® market is now available for the 2018 Wrangler® JL. Flashcal for JL, PN 3571-JL, is now available. There is tremendous pent up demand for the Flashcal for JL and our team is thrilled to be first, and best, to market for this exciting application.

Flashcal for 2018 JL Wrangler® Now Shipping!

Flashcal for JL, PN 3571-JL includes a new jumper module, in addition to the handheld unit itself. The jumper requires a simple install that will be required to take advantage of the Flashcal features. Please make sure you refer to the user manual for install instructions.

Flashcal for JL Wrangler® Features:

• Tire Size Adjustment: 25” - 40”
  • TPMS On/Off (Remove Dash Screen)
  • Gear Ratio Adjustment: 2.73, 3.07, 3.21, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, 5.38
  • Transfer Case Low: 2.72, 3.00, 3.80, 4.00, 4.10, 4.30, 5.00
  • Sway Bar Disconnect in 2HI (up to 25 MPH, disconnects sway bar)
  • One Touch Lane Change On/Off
  • Fog Light Dropout On/Off
  • Daytime Running Light Dropout On/Off
  • Auto Park On/Off
  • Reads & Clears Diagnostic Trouble Codes
  • Daytime Running Light Location
    • High Beam
    • Low Beam
    • Turn Signal
    • Fog Lights
    • European / Fender Lights

Any JL owner that has installed a suspension kit, added tires, or re-geared needs the new Flashcal. Order your Flaschal for 2018 JL Wrangler® today and enjoy the best-in-class features that make Superchips the #1 brand in the Jeep® market.

Please post up with any questions or comments!

Thanks
I have a FlashCal JL and am wondering how to permanently disable ESS. It an option yet?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a FlashCal JL and am wondering how to permanently disable ESS. It an option yet?
Permanent disable requires upgrading to the flashpaq so you can program the pcm and disable the ESS in the tune, then its off for good.

Flash tuning is the best/most thorough way to disable this system.

Thanks

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Permanent disable requires upgrading to the flashpaq so you can program the pcm and disable the ESS in the tune, then its off for good.

Flash tuning is the best/most thorough way to disable this system.

Thanks
FlashPaq requires a new ECU, right? That is way over the top for me personally.

Sponsored

Uranus

First Name
Cassie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vm.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 4 Door Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Nurse
Probably a dumb question, but does returning the vehicle to stock unlock the device, or is there something else I need to do?
Turning in my lease soon for a new JLR. Would like to make sure it’ll work on the new Jeep.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Just traded a JLU sport to a JLUR with the 2.0T. I was just using the flashcal on my new Jeep and was able to do the DRLs, seat belt removal thing and a few more but the lockers in 4hi thing wasn’t an option. Is this still in the works or only with the flash paq, etc?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Probably a dumb question, but does returning the vehicle to stock unlock the device, or is there something else I need to do?
Turning in my lease soon for a new JLR. Would like to make sure it’ll work on the new Jeep.
Yes that will unlock it.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just traded a JLU sport to a JLUR with the 2.0T. I was just using the flashcal on my new Jeep and was able to do the DRLs, seat belt removal thing and a few more but the lockers in 4hi thing wasn’t an option. Is this still in the works or only with the flash paq, etc?
Lockers in 4Hi is a live option, was the vehicle running?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Lockers in 4Hi is a live option, was the vehicle running?
Haha that explains that. No it was not. Okay so you have to have it connected at the time of use....good to know! Thanks for the response. I must of missed that little tid bit of info. Hahaha.
Sponsored