Sponsored

Sun shades : solid or mesh? match vehicle colour?

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

Just got a soft top for Sunshine and was wondering which sun shade would be best? - lets hear your thought?

Do the mesh stop most of the rays or is solid better? is it worth colour matching or is that just over the top?

Which top do you prefer?

Thanks in advance.
Rick
Sponsored

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
I can tell you that a buddy bought a mesh sunshade and I was surprised at what a difference it made on a sunny florida day. Definitely worthwhile but still gave you the open air feeling that I don't think you'd get as much with solid vinyl. I'll be ordering one shortly.

I don't have a lot to say about color except that you do "feel" the color of the shade a bit in terms of the light that hits you. I'm a bit torn but may go with grey for that reason rather than trying to match the jeep color. (that may be a bit dependent on which color you get..)

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
I have a mesh sunshade and it’s great! I don’t have any experience with the solid one but it seems to me that it would flap when driving.

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guy for your input. I was leaning towards mesh as it seems more open.I didn't think about the flapping, so there's that as well.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Rubicon - 2.0 Sting Gray, '07 JK Sahara - Black
I have a black mesh shade and love it. Mine covers front seats only (2 door) and I got the Spiderwebshade. Really like the fasteners that came with it vs the loop-and-ball you see on some. Mopar has a nice one that also covers rear seats on 2-door and thought about that one, but it’s pricier. I may ultimately get a different color to brighten things a bit more - although mesh, the black one really does add shade. Did not reduce the wind shear too much for me.

Sponsored

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Whatever your decision, you will love having a sunshade.

Makes a huge difference in terms of reducing your exposure to sun and keeping you sunburn free.

Also, flap-free since the fitment is nice and tight.

Yellow on Yellow would look good but I definitely prefer the louder color combos or at least something that contrasts.

Black will look amazing on HellaYella but check out this one with a Red Shade..looks pretty sweet too!

aliensunshade_62170800_1908615132571519_8111678280505992055_n.jpg
Sponsored