Sponsored

Mopar Mesh Sun Bonnet

Jeepdoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Hello

Anyone own a Mopar mesh sun bonnet and care to give a review or pics? Not looking for the solid vinyl one.

Specifically, can it stay in place with the softop and/or hardtop in place? And if so, can you unzip the front part and leave it in place while removing the mesh part or does the whole piece need to be completely removed each time?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeepdoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Well i answered my own question. I bought it online and installed it. Easy install though you do need to lean the windshield down to secure the front portion. Once the front portion is in place, the main mesh part zips on and off. Snaps into place all around after you replace 16 factory screws with supplied stainless snap studs. Not a lot of wind noise but the occasional flapping at higher speeds 50+ MPH. Keeps it a lot cooler but still open air feeling. I'm a fan. Hope that helps anyone interested.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Well i answered my own question. I bought it online and installed it. Easy install though you do need to lean the windshield down to secure the front portion. Once the front portion is in place, the main mesh part zips on and off. Snaps into place all around after you replace 16 factory screws with supplied stainless snap studs. Not a lot of wind noise but the occasional flapping at higher speeds 50+ MPH. Keeps it a lot cooler but still open air feeling. I'm a fan. Hope that helps anyone interested.
Do you have any photos of the installation or final product?

OP
OP

Jeepdoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
None of the installation but could probably post some of the final. Unfortunately I took it off to put the hard top back on with rain coming. When I put it back on Iā€™ll post. It could probably be left in place with the hard top right on top of it but Iā€™d have to take another look.
Sponsored