Suggestions for Black lug nuts

Alleycat14

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s
I have a Willys and am looking for black lug nuts for stock wheels. I bought some and they look alot smaller than stock. I‘m a little unsure about them. Suggestions would be great, thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Alleycat14

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s
You have the link by chance?

dblankenbaker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of old Jeeps. JLURD ordered 5/7.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
McGard makes a nice black lug nut, albeit a little expensive. Either traditional shape or those splined tuner style things if you're into that. The coating has proven to be vey durable on mine. The Gorillas I had on my old XJ started out nice, but developed rust spots after awhile and I don't even live anywhere rust prone. Here's the set with enough locks and lugs for all wheels and your spare:

McGard Wrangler JL 23-piece set

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Alleycat14

Many of the aftermarket offerings have to small a base. ... an insufficient base.

The bigger the mushroom base, the better.

The Gorilla Lock System splined lugs have a very large mushroom... also at 1.62" in length, they do not stick out to far... and look very good on the JL stock rims.

Can be had in Black and Chrome. Recommend buying the 24 pack.

This offering has all lugs splined.... which means it takes the thief a tad longer to deal with all the splined lugs and to steal your wheels..
Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 24-Pack)

Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestions for Black lug nuts mmmmm.JPG

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
@Alleycat14

Many of the aftermarket offerings have to small a base. ... an insufficient base.

The bigger the mushroom base, the better.

The Gorilla Lock System splined lugs have a very large mushroom... also at 1.62" in length, they do not stick out to far... and look very good on the JL stock rims.

Can be had in Black and Chrome. Recommend buying the 24 pack.

This offering has all lugs splined.... which means it takes the thief a tad longer to deal with all the splined lugs and to steal your wheels..
Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 24-Pack)

Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestions for Black lug nuts mmmmm.JPG
Hard to believe the 20 pack is $110 and the 24 pack is $203 both on amazon. My math says that they're charging $23.25 for each of those additional 4 lug nuts! I only need 21 lugs total. I have the mopar third brake light relocation bracket which required you use two special lug nuts that allows you to secure the bracket to the lug nuts.

These do look they will fit the bill though, as the Qtec set I ordered do not have a large enough mushroom to cover the unpainted mating surface on the wheel where the lug nuts seat.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hard to believe the 20 pack is $110 and the 24 pack is $203 both on amazon. My math says that they're charging $23.25 for each of those additional 4 lug nuts! I only need 21 lugs total. I have the mopar third brake light relocation bracket which required you use two special lug nuts that allows you to secure the bracket to the lug nuts.

These do look they will fit the bill though, as the Qtec set I ordered do not have a large enough mushroom to cover the unpainted mating surface on the wheel where the lug nuts seat.

I hear ya.... do know that if you ever need any additional / splined the same, Gorilla's, you call their Customer Support # 325-585-2852 and give them the Lug nut Lock Key Code and they send you right out the properly keyed/splined lugs.

Sure they may charge a few bucks, but they have actually sent me out a couple for free in the past.

I have the Mopar CHMSL Kit but also placed splined Gorilla lug nuts to fill all the fruggly empty lug nut holes in the wheel.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cheap-jeep-hacks-show-em-off-here.18785/post-1238552

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I hear ya.... do know that if you ever need any additional / splined the same, Gorilla's, you call their Customer Support # 325-585-2852 and give them the Lug nut Lock Key Code and they send you right out the properly keyed/splined lugs.

Sure they may charge a few bucks, but they have actually sent me out a couple for free in the past.

I have the Mopar CHMSL Kit but also placed splined Gorilla lug nuts to fill all the fruggly empty lug nut holes in the wheel.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cheap-jeep-hacks-show-em-off-here.18785/post-1238552
Great info, and awesome hack! Thank you!!
Sponsored