Suggestions for Black lug nuts

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
@viper88

Any and all brand / kind of lug nuts you use power tools on will get nicks/gouges and then comes the rust.... kinda comes with the territoriality so to speak. Keep them touched up, clean and protected if you are concerned about rust...

And yes, even with hand tools you have to be real careful and even then can get a nick.. if I were to see a nick I would touch up with a Sharpie, etc..
A Sharpie is every car person's best friend! Anyone who has black trim or wheels should have a Sharpie in their garage. I use them for touching up the hard top and black wheel lugs.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
A Sharpie is every car person's best friend! Anyone who has black trim or wheels should have a Sharpie in their garage. I use them for touching up the hard top and black wheel lugs.
@viper88

Yup..... I have black, Sharpie Fine and Medium Point and also the big Daddy... the Sharpie Magnum..

Capture.JPG

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I have a Willys and am looking for black lug nuts for stock wheels. I bought some and they look alot smaller than stock. I‘m a little unsure about them. Suggestions would be great, thanks
Porsche wanted $200+ for new black lugs when I replaced my wheels.

At home I took them off one or two at a time and painted them black with Steel-it paint. After they dried I put a plastic sandwich bag on each one as I torqued it to spec so I did not scratch them. They look GREAT! 10/10 would do again.

Hogdreamer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Liberty, 2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I bought Gorilla locks.
That's what I went with after I first purchased a separate chrome locking lug nut from a different company. It was supposed to fit but it didn't look good to me when it left a gap in the wheel as it was too small.

I wanted to change to black instead of chrome anyway with the black wheels. I love the look and the fit of these. I went with the 24 pack which are packaged that way for a truck with 6 lug nuts per tire.

I install and remove them by hand which can be a pain but an impact wrench would destroy the finish quickly.

I had to get 4 new tires put on a week after getting the gorilla locking lugs installed due to a tar spill on a road by me. Took them off, by hand, before getting the tires and reinstalled them afterward, by hand.

20210731_075558.jpg

Advertisement

Extreme Terrain

Advertisement