Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I couldn't agree more on this. Every gas/diesel vehicle should have it. I know it seems trivial, until you don't have it. It annoys me every time I fill up, which is at least once a week. Not sure why Jeep would want omit a five cent feature that annoys owners once a week. I know I may be able to go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a hook with sticker adhesive, but come on...
Wait!...you guys have a fuel door?
Sponsored

elcue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara/Wrangler

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Does anyone else wonder why some obvious features were not included in the JL? Especially things that are really only software settings.

For example: Why are the windows only auto down? How much more could it have possible cost to make them auto up? I had a 1994 Honda Accord that could do it.
Why can't you open and close all the windows my holding down the lock/unlock button on the FOB? My old 2007 VW could do that.
Would be handy, especially in conjunction with the power sliding top.
Why no power port on the top of the dash? Jeep knows most users will mount stuff up there. I know you don't have the VW Amarok in the states, but it has a high amp port up there. Perfect for mounting your tablet or phone.
Anyone else got any?
Overall I love the JL. Just think that at the price point, it would have been nice to have a few extras.
I remember hearing from Ford & GM reps at SEMA years ago that there were some liability issues with auto down/unlock from the key fob. My 2005 Mustang GT (S197) had that feature, most GM cars had that feature off by default in the US (a GM service tech could activate it... for a fee)

The auto up feature boggles my mind considering other FCA vehicles have it:facepalm:

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I just cannot believe how many Saharas and Rubicons are produced without proximity locks. Come on guys, $40k+ vehicle with push button start without proximity locks? And no way from the factory to add them [all that's required is the door handles and programming]

Personally was kinda surprised as a new Jeep owner how many great features ARE available on such a historically rough and tumble platform.
When I first went to test drive, I loved the idea of a Jeep for a daily driver but was prepared to not like it as I thought it would be too loud [tire & wind noise] , too slow, poor handling etc. I was quite mistaken and feel in love with it immediately. So much so that I went through a buyback due to severe electrical issues without really getting too upset as my fantastic dealer and FCA were "on point" and committed to resolve.

Sponsored

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I just cannot believe how many Saharas and Rubicons are produced without proximity locks. Come on guys, $40k+ vehicle with push button start without proximity locks? And no way from the factory to add them [all that's required is the door handles and programming]

Personally was kinda surprised as a new Jeep owner how many great features ARE available on such a historically rough and tumble platform.
When I first went to test drive, I loved the idea of a Jeep for a daily driver but was prepared to not like it as I thought it would be too loud [tire & wind noise] , too slow, poor handling etc. I was quite mistaken and feel in love with it immediately. So much so that I went through a buyback due to severe electrical issues without really getting too upset as my fantastic dealer and FCA were "on point" and committed to resolve.
As much as I love the proximity feature on mine, I can understand why some may not want it... After talking to a fellow JLUR owner that is a MI police officer, they didn't want it in case someone is following them in a parking lot...

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
As much as I love the proximity feature on mine, I can understand why some may not want it... After talking to a fellow JLUR owner that is a MI police officer, they didn't want it in case someone is following them in a parking lot...
Not sure I understand that logic, what's the difference between pushing a button on the remote or using the key and touching the door?
What advantage would an attacker have in either scenario?

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Not sure I understand that logic, what's the difference between pushing a button on the remote or using the key and touching the door?
You could, in theory do a amplifier chain attack. This is not particularly easy though. This is a big reason why you NEVER keep your car keys near your front door.

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Having been driving my wife's car a lot lately, I have to say I wish that Auto-Hold was included. The hardware is there, so I do not understand leaving it out.
It is handy to be able to take your foot of the break at a traffic light until you want to actually go.
I have noticed that the Jeep tends creep forward unless you are pressing somewhat firm on the peddle, so the feature would be great.
Even off roading, I can imagine situations where the feature would be a big help.

Sponsored

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Not at all, not even a cap that locks. Guess it probably counts as an option when you buy the "Go be poor somewhere else" Sport model.
That is how it should be. The "fancy" creature comforts should be available to those that want them, but as options. If you do not want it, don't click the box.
For a lot of folks, the JL is expensive enough that it is there only car and so replaces a typical DD. In these cases, when the options are there, for many, the addition costs are worth it since you send so much time each week driving it.

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of little holes.
I was washing my Jeep this afternoon and I noticed that at the bottom of the doors there are what look like weep holes, but covered up with some sort of plastic tape. Is that normal?
I pealed mine off all the doors and rear as well. Just don't think having something constrict the flow of water out of that space is a good idea...

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
if you have the key in pocket while next to the vehicle all the attacker has to do is grab a handle (opposite side or behind on 4dr).
The area of MI they patrol has a much higher crime rate (carjacking & assault)

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
if you have the key in pocket while next to the vehicle all the attacker has to do is grab a handle (opposite side or behind on 4dr).
The area of MI they patrol has a much higher crime rate (carjacking & assault)
Interesting topic... When I open the driver side with key in pocket, none of the other doors open. Touching the passenger handle unlocks all or at least the rear passenger door. Guess you shouldn't dilly-dally around the car... just go for that driver side handle.

I think there's a setting for the button on the remote to just unlock the driver side on first press and the rest on the second press.

Ruiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
JLU rear door locks do not open when the car is in park after driving. Front door needs to be engaged 1st before the rears will open.

Autolock when leaving the Jeep would have been nice as well.
Mine auto locks after about 5 minutes if I walk away from it. I even tested it to see if it was just getting pressed but i unlock it, walk in my house, leave the key on the counter, go back out and it’s locked.
Sponsored