Sponsored

Stock Antenna

the_jeepeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
This is my first Jeep. Used it a lot this past weekend. Decided to give attention to the stock antenna that so many people mercilessly trash talk and the following are my thoughts:
1. The stock antenna is awesome.
2. I've never had a cooler whip style antenna on a vehicle before.
3. Seeing cheap aftermarket antennas makes me cringe hard for those that do that.
4. If it's catching brush, take out the 10mm spanner, turn counter clockwise and stash it.
5. If it has surface corrosion and looks beat like mine did, scrub it to a patina shine and enjoy.
6. Those that endure the quality of Satellite or Streamed music to the exclusion of traditional and HD terrestrial RF are missing out.
7. Degrading your reception through the use of no antenna or a novelty antenna decreases the chances of discovering and connecting to what's on the airwaves while exploring.
I've said my piece.
Sponsored

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
This is my first Jeep. Used it a lot this past weekend. Decided to give attention to the stock antenna that so many people mercilessly trash talk and the following are my thoughts:
1. The stock antenna is awesome.
2. I've never had a cooler whip style antenna on a vehicle before.
3. Seeing cheap aftermarket antennas makes me cringe hard for those that do that.
4. If it's catching brush, take out the 10mm spanner, turn counter clockwise and stash it.
5. If it has surface corrosion and looks beat like mine did, scrub it to a patina shine and enjoy.
6. Those that endure the quality of Satellite or Streamed music to the exclusion of traditional and HD terrestrial RF are missing out.
7. Degrading your reception through the use of no antenna or a novelty antenna decreases the chances of discovering and connecting to what's on the airwaves while exploring.
I've said my piece.
I agree. I love my stock antenna. And since it's taller than the roof, it's a great indicator when the ceiling of the parking structure is too low (I live in Hawaii & all the parking structures are around 6'2" or less).

FINN 2.0

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR. 1979 Ford 150.
I like my stock antenna but wish it had better reception. No one seems to make a 35" antenna much less one with improved reception.

Lawn Jockey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude 4x4
I immediately replaced the stock antenna with a 13” Rydonair Stubby with zero degradation to my signal whatsoever (AM/FM). I’m 40+ miles from our AM/FM stations.

The SiriusXM antenna is located on the passenger side roll bar padding, so the stock antenna has nothing to do with it.
Sponsored