Step Brothers

4-play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Drove by the north side of Willow run airport a few weeks ago and all the Broncos in the wild were penned in on the airport side of the fence. Waiting for chips? There had to be 250-300 of them in all colors. I haven’t been there since, but I imagine that there are quite a few people waiting for one of the ones I saw.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Drove by the north side of Willow run airport a few weeks ago and all the Broncos in the wild were penned in on the airport side of the fence. Waiting for chips? There had to be 250-300 of them in all colors. I haven’t been there since, but I imagine that there are quite a few people waiting for one of the ones I saw.
Yeah. I'm super thrilled mine was built August 1st 2022 and then delivered on the following week. I lucked out. I definitely wouldn't be happy buying one that was built months ago and sitting. As much as my wait sucked I'm glad it worked out this way and got built after most the problems were ironed out.

jlaliberty

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being Built - 2022 Rubicon XR
It was kind of a clickbait title too.

But otherwise If he's running the official YouTube for the dealership I'd kind of expect him to promote it.
The title gives me PTSD

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jason, have you taken the top off your Bronco yet, would like to see pics of that if you have any, IMO Ford really did a nice job w/ the overall 2 dr styling, especially pics of it w/ the top removed.
Just the 2 front freedom panels. I didn't take any pictures. I will say just with those panels off alone there's alot of open air space. I was surprised. I'm not sure I'd even need to take the back off. You look up and barley even see the back. I guess that's the advantage of not have a big bulky center cross bar.

Maybe I'll do a video of those panels off versus the Jeeps soft top just flipped back. Do a comparison.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Aside from the frame cracking at the steering box and the hood folding in half at the hinges, I never had an issue with either of mine. 😂Though I will say that I’ve had my Jeep on some trails that would be near impossible in a Blazer without body damage due to the extra width. Articulation with leaf spring suspension is also a limiting factor for hardcore stuff. Probably wouldn’t be an issue for what I typically do.
Funny you mention that, my frame (73 K5) also cracked in that spot, and went through a couple steering gears as they would slop-out pretty quick running 35 Gumbo Mudders back in the day.
Definitely a rig I had to drive w/ hands tight on the wheel. Also had a nagging problem w/ fuel gauge, never really knew how much gas I had in the thing. Had a built 383 in it w/ TH350 and it got like 6-8mpg in town, so running out of gas happened often since I was on a bums budget back then lol.
Sorry for the thread jack Jason~
carry on :)

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t imagine what the hell they were thinking with that thing. A diesel without forced induction is like a Jeep with square headlights. 🫣
Heh, it was the 80s. The first HMMWVs I drove had that motor with a 3 speed auto... With the type of gear reduction those things had you were happy to get it up to 40 MPH, and it took you all day to get there.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
So on the way back from lunch we drove by the Ford dealer. Supervisor was looking for F-150s, but I noticed all of their Broncos were in employee parking... Must be Nice...

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
No doubt.

FWIW, I have my own personal “Bronco journey.”

Four years ago I had a falling out with my Jeep dealer. It was so bad that I seriously considered a Ford Bronco. I even started a Bronco thread on another Jeep forum, which is still going on to this day.

But after 18 months into it, of reading of Ford delaying the launch time after time, seeing Ford release computer “enhanced” videos of Broncos out in the wild, create fake social media channels, arm-twist and punish YouTube content creators into touting an “official” line, I finally had enough.

I make a living as a marketing analyst for the automakers, so no doubt I am more sensitive to these issues than the average buyer. I am well aware of the games automakers play. IMO, Ford brings dishonesty to a totally new level. And I believe a lot of it comes from Jim Farley himself.

In any event, Ford soured me on Bronco before it even hit the showrooms, and decided that switching Jeep dealers was preferable than ditching Jeep altogether and going after the new, unproven kid on the block. So I went ahead and bought new 2018 JL right before the end of 2019.

After that came the Bronco launch, the hardtop issues, Ford throwing its suppliers under the bus, dealers pulling all sorts of games, ICE mountain, complaints that the soft top didn’t seal out the weather, the frameless windows first rattling, then freezing; engines exploding, tie rods breaking, etc., etc.

Clearly, Jeep is no paragon of reliability or customer service, but seeing how Ford has handled Bronco has made me appreciate Jeep better and count my blessings.

When I see the unfolding drama Ford subjects its customers through, all I can do is watch, scratch me head, and feel relieved I dodged that bullet.

Thankfully, my Sahara has turned out solid and my new dealer pretty acceptable.
I think anyone who has looked at five threads on this forum knows this story at this point. Maybe just sit back now and let this thread move on as originally intended by the OP. No need to get all bristly every time the word "Bronco" is mentioned.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I also will be one of those few with both vehicles in the garage, currently have a 4 door badsquatch and am waiting on the JLUR XR to arrive any day. Looking forward to the awesome reviews from you!

My honest opinion so far, having had the bronco for 8 months now, and doing some decent wheeling with it.... jeep die hards need to be more concerned about the new kid on the block.
20220617_192613.jpg

Screenshot_20220717-133540_Gallery.jpg
Lol concerned about what? It is not like we own Jeep.

I literally dont care even if Bronco could do obstacles on 3 or even 2 tires. Heck even if they climb rocks on 1 tire or just take off and fly. At this point it seems like the tires dont even need to be touching the dirt to be offroading so might as well become a flying car.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I also will be one of those few with both vehicles in the garage, currently have a 4 door badsquatch and am waiting on the JLUR XR to arrive any day. Looking forward to the awesome reviews from you!

My honest opinion so far, having had the bronco for 8 months now, and doing some decent wheeling with it.... jeep die hards need to be more concerned about the new kid on the block.
20220617_192613.jpg

Screenshot_20220717-133540_Gallery.jpg
Nice, but like @entropy stated, concerned might not be the word I'd have used. I have no concern regarding Broncos on the street or on the trail, if they are out enjoying what their vehicle can do more power to them! As long as whatever 4x4 I happen to see on the trail is using trail etiquette, not leaving trash, and just being decent out there it's all good :)
Happy trails!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Lol concerned about what? It is not like we own Jeep.

I literally dont care even if Bronco could do obstacles on 3 or even 2 tires. Heck even if they climb rocks on 1 tire or just take off and fly. At this point it seems like the tires dont even need to be touching the dirt to be offroading so might as well become a flying car.
Yeah. There's nothing to be concerned about. You buy what you like and enjoy it.
Sponsored