Sponsored

Stellantis Agrees to California EV Rules [⚠️ ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS / FIGHTING ⚠️]

AndySpill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Windmills is a reference to Don Quixote, @AndySpill . IT'S A FICTIONAL BOOK!! Circa early 1600's. "Tilting at Windmills" is the full saying.

Carbon Credits??

1711273010245-v9.png
The quote was " Because you're tires are killing the planet, and no amount of throwing money at windmills will fix it. "

Irrespective of what its author intended by the word windmills (coming from a man quite familiar with the story of Don Quixote, who fought windmills in insanity, rather that throwing money at them) in the context of an energy discussion, where wind turbines are today's "windmills," the statement is reasonably interpreted my way, your way, or as a double entendre.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Yeah the warehouse for the company I work for has a bunch of electric dollies and floor jacks. They charge for 8 hours when no one's at the warehouse, and then they charge as well for an hour three times a day while everyone's at lunch. I've yet to see one run out of charge during the shift.

Usually when the battery starts going, they'll have a company there fixing it before it becomes a hindrance.
I have been delivering warehouses since 1972. Some keep on top of it, some don’t. Struggle to find a jack or forklift with a charge, get partially unloaded and it dies, find another to get it out of the way and to the battery room, wait for a charged jack to be available and maybe finish unloading, a constant struggle……
Or, take 5 minutes to change the ICE forklift’s propane tank and finish the job. They are however, becoming an endangered species.

Last edited:

Tokenwasp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4xe Rubicon; 2008 Saab 9-3 Conv.
Also, what if the goal of owning an EV isn't necessarily to save the earth? Pollution and environmental destruction is a cup game. Put it under an ICV cup or an EV cup. Different forms of pollution which have different types of impacts.
I've said before that I don't hate the earth enough to buy an EV. I got the 4xe Rubicon for three reasons:
1. 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of instant torque.
2. My office building has free chargers.
3. I live in GA and I really, really hate anything red-and-black.

Sponsored

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
I've said before that I don't hate the earth enough to buy an EV. I got the 4xe Rubicon for three reasons:
3. I live in GA and I really, really hate anything red-and-black.
Our EV has 516hp and 564lb-ft torque. That's just of the reasons why we enjoy it.

EV's have a lot of advantages for the environment when looked at rationally. Need to ignore extremes. There are a lot of very pro-oil studies funded to paint EV's in a certain light, and it comes from huge coffers and people who have strong financial interest in preserving the status quo.

PHEV's are a great option. You can have the worst of both worlds and destroy the environment just as much as an EV or an ICV, you decide! ;)

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
Ahhh, ignore the 190 subsequent posts and go back to the original. Got it. Sooo obvious.
To most….I would think. Bizarre that this concerns you so 😁

Sponsored

AndySpill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
You may have missed this part of the article:
Jeep Wrangler JL Stellantis Agrees to California EV Rules [⚠️ ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS / FIGHTING ⚠️] funnygiphy
Then Foster (drum roll) the solution to this problem is to "build a better mousetrap" as it relates to the tires in electric vehicles, and heck, ICE vehicles as well, not "throw out the baby with the bathwater."

Wait---I better explain that expression. Systems often have good and bad aspects to them. Their bad aspects should be addressed, not the entire system abandoned.

Perhaps the emissions from ICE vehicles are all things considered substantially worse than those of electric vehicles even accounting for electrical vehicle's worse tire performance. I suspect this the case. And given that, all things considered, even without addressing the tire problem, which again, I'm all for, electric vehicles footprint is a better environmental option that its ICE counterparts.

Tokenwasp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mind enlightening me / us on how those colors are somehow explicitly not associated with a 4xe?
A regular Rubicon has red tow hooks, a red dash (against black), and red leather stitching.

A 4xe Rubicon has blue tow hooks, a black leather dash, and blue leather stitching. The only red part is the shocks, and I have 392 shocks in my garage that will fix that.

Tokenwasp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our EV has 516hp and 564lb-ft torque. That's just of the reasons why we enjoy it.

EV's have a lot of advantages for the environment when looked at rationally. Need to ignore extremes. There are a lot of very pro-oil studies funded to paint EV's in a certain light, and it comes from huge coffers and people who have strong financial interest in preserving the status quo.

PHEV's are a great option. You can have the worst of both worlds and destroy the environment just as much as an EV or an ICV, you decide! ;)
From the environmental standpoint, I think PHEV and hybrid are clearly superior to straight EV or ICE, but again, that is not why I bought a PHEV.

Batteries are a long-term problem, not just for the impact of the mining (and the fact that we can't mine anywhere near enough materials to replace all ICE cars in 50 years - which shows this is more about attacking private vehicle ownership than climate issues), but for the long-term impact on roads, tires, and battery disposal.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Two good reasons.

A regular Rubicon has red tow hooks, a red dash (against black), and red leather stitching.

A 4xe Rubicon has blue tow hooks, a black leather dash, and blue leather stitching. The only red part is the shocks, and I have 392 shocks in my garage that will fix that.
That's just silly talk.
My school colors are Red/Black. maybe that's why my JL is Red, and black.

Sponsored