Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
I did check it and I was outside of the date range. IIRC, it was like 4 under the lowest range in the affected frames.
Actually I read that wrong, I checked the track bar weld numbers... Didn't check my stabilizer, but the service dept said it was affected.

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
Does that mean you are higher or lower than 257? And what was your JL build date (on the door jam)?
Don't have my Jeep at the moment but build date was 4/12. And I was still catching up on this thread, but the tservice rep definitely did say it was under the "continue diagnostics" category so it was a higher number I assume...

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I did check it and I was outside of the date range. IIRC, it was like 4 under the lowest range in the affected frames.
My factory stabilizer is not within range....funny how replacing it makes it feel 1000% better though.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
My stabilizer is 114, Wrangler was built May 20th if I remember correctly. Guess I'll see about getting it swapped out as I have .5" dead-space in my steering wheel.

Sponsored

Lak7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
My Stabilizer Code is X176MB3A, Wrangler built in July.
I'm pretty sure my dead spot is the steering box - you can turn the shaft and the pitman arm does not move.
But maybe the stabilizer is causing the wandering and disconnected feeling when driving.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I never noticed any steering Issues (no worse than my FJ really)-never enough to cause any alarm at least. It seemed that my first sign of anything was the wobble at speed.
Are the tires physically wobbling too or is it just the steering wheel wobbling? You might need to have someone drive next to you to verify.

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
Are the tires physically wobbling too or is it just the steering wheel wobbling? You might need to have someone drive next to you to verify.
Can't say for sure. It shook the whole vehicle during the event, so I assume it's the wheels too. I won't be able to check for quite some time as the dealer has it for the forseeable future. They say could be less than 30 days since my case was upgraded- but I don't know if they're just blowing smoke. Said next year part availability last week.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
If the new steering stabilizer part is back ordered to February, what are they putting on the 2019s?

Sponsored

Chewbacca2264

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Just a quick update, last night on the way into work at 8:45PM I passed a tractor trailer on a two lane road.....running approximately 45MPH and the air off the tractor trailer (probably doing 60MPH) shoved me across the fog line and required a large correction to keep it on the road, I nearly over corrected and the rear end got a bit light. Luckily my experience and training came into play and I kept it on the road. Ambient temperature was 40 degrees with rain and wet roads. Clearly this issue gets worse at least for me when the temperatures are colder. Didn't wait any longer, already have a Yeti track bar on the way ordered the Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 stabilizer. My dealer is finally responsive as I provided them the STAR case number today and they are looking into replacing my stabilizer and at least one other JL that is providing the owner the same issues. Glad they are finally taking this seriously after they told me two weeks ago my Jeep "drives as designed". I know that I am out the $330 bucks for the stabilizer, but I am not taking chances waiting around. Temperatures are dropping and this thing keeps getting worse, I figure I would rather take this entirely into my own hands and ensure that I do not have an accident and injure my wife or more likely my faithful dog who rides everywhere with me. I think at this point my dealer with work with me, maybe a couple extra oil changes after Jeep Wave ends or something along those lines. Oh and BTW I made sure they are going to reach out to the other owner who is having issues, would hate to see someone who does not have my experience and training have to try to hang on to their Jeep the way I had to last night.

Chewi

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick update, last night on the way into work at 8:45PM I passed a tractor trailer on a two lane road.....running approximately 45MPH and the air off the tractor trailer (probably doing 60MPH) shoved me across the fog line and required a large correction to keep it on the road, I nearly over corrected and the rear end got a bit light. Luckily my experience and training came into play and I kept it on the road. Ambient temperature was 40 degrees with rain and wet roads. Clearly this issue gets worse at least for me when the temperatures are colder. Didn't wait any longer, already have a Yeti track bar on the way ordered the Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 stabilizer. My dealer is finally responsive as I provided them the STAR case number today and they are looking into replacing my stabilizer and at least one other JL that is providing the owner the same issues. Glad they are finally taking this seriously after they told me two weeks ago my Jeep "drives as designed". I know that I am out the $330 bucks for the stabilizer, but I am not taking chances waiting around. Temperatures are dropping and this thing keeps getting worse, I figure I would rather take this entirely into my own hands and ensure that I do not have an accident and injure my wife or more likely my faithful dog who rides everywhere with me. I think at this point my dealer with work with me, maybe a couple extra oil changes after Jeep Wave ends or something along those lines. Oh and BTW I made sure they are going to reach out to the other owner who is having issues, would hate to see someone who does not have my experience and training have to try to hang on to their Jeep the way I had to last night.

Chewi
You'll feel a difference with the new stabilizer for sure. I have my Yeti on the way as well. I should have it installed Thursday after work. Keep us posted!

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If the new steering stabilizer part is back ordered to February, what are they putting on the 2019s?
They are probably allocating all or most of the available steering stabilizer inventory to the 2019s, thus not available to order as a repair item.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
They are probably allocating all or most of the available steering stabilizer inventory to the 2019s, thus not available to order as a repair item.
Hope so.
This steering problem has been an interesting journey, from “ it’s a Jeep thing” to recalls, TSBs, new parts, and STAR notices......

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hope so.
This steering problem has been an interesting journey, from “ it’s a Jeep thing” to recalls, TSBs, new parts, and STAR notices......
Yes it has. You left out denial. lol "It's a Jeep thing" usually means "all Jeeps do it" - which is said due to lack of knowledge. Denial means "we know, but won't admit it". And now they are mixing the two together by using "It's a Jeep thing" for denial as well.
Sponsored