Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ok ok ok.... the point of this thread is to simply help me with advice. Please no negativity or arguing about this or that. Let's all just stick to the goal of me driving safely.
Thank you everyone for all the advice!
This is one of the best forums on the planet, largely due to a lot of great knowledge and the willingness to share it rather than just sit back and watch someone struggle.

With that being said, every group inevitably gets THAT guy. There's just nothing we can do about it, but smile and keep moving forward. Noah has recently taken up that role for us. Lol
Sponsored

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
This is one of the best forums on the planet, largely due to a lot of great knowledge and the willingness to share it rather than just sit back and watch someone struggle.

With that being said, every group inevitably gets THAT guy. There's just nothing we can do about it, but smile and keep moving forward. Noah has recently taken up that role for us. Lol
Says the guy creeping through my profile looking for my real name for whatever creepy reason.

You say this because I said the Mopar 2" kit is a good one?

What lift kit you have? Post a picture of that beauty of yours.

The fox shocks in the mopar kit will outlast ANY aftermarket no name brand budget kit out there.(which is why those kits are so CHEAP).

Takes someone with knowledge to install the Mopar kit instead of one of those be-all beginner kits lol

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Actually, the Ignore List feature works wonders. It's a tool available to all users, FWIW

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Says the guy creeping through my profile looking for my real name for whatever creepy reason.

The fox shocks in the mopar kit will outlast ANY aftermarket no name brand budget kit out there.(which is why those kits are so CHEAP).

Takes someone with knowledge to install the Mopar kit instead of one of those be-all beginner kits lol
Uh. Your first name is on every one of your posts. Sure if you want to limit travel then the shocks that come with the Mopar kit are great.;)
That says something that you want to compare your awesome Mopar lift to aftermarket no name brand budget kits, cuz that's where it belongs.:)

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

As already mentioned, your name is right there on the left. These pages are all that I creep.

I said that all in good fun and as an attempt to calm the waters of the wandering girls thread, but I see that didn't work. Oh well, didn't hurt to try.

I chose to go with the Dynatrac endurosport 2" lift. It has a set of fox shocks that are custom tuned to the dyna springs. They will nicely complement the fox ts stabilizer. This kit appealed to me because it doesn't lift more than advertised, and I prefer as low of a center of gravity while still fitting 37's without rub. I also want enhanced strength and flexibility, so I took it to the next level by adding the stabilizer already mentioned, stabilizer relocation brackets, front track bar with frame side reinforcement, tie rod, drag link, front sway links (rears come with lift), all 8 control arms, and rear track bar with bracket.

I didn't go with a complete kit because I didn't want to compromise and take what they include. Same money spent and some time on my part, and the only compromise is from my wife about waiting a little bit before the next round of parts.

Now that that's been said, go "take a lap", Sally! Hahaha! Don't want you to give yourself a heart attack, otherwise we'll miss out on the next dozen threads you'll have started by tomorrow morning. Rub one off, kick the neighbor's cat, or whatever else it takes to relax. Ok, buttercup? Lol!

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
"Calm the waters":CWL:

What are you talking about? I was just trying to help the young lady with some insight.

Between you, @word302 and @D60 you guys have 7 derogatory trolling posts, non of which apply to her question or offer any helpful insight.

Get lost already so done with it

Last edited:

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
haha. so much drama above.

You get what you pay for with lifts. Lifts that include track bars and shocks cost more by about the cost of track bars.

OP, curious what your shop says. I have a VERY similar setup. I just spent 350$ on rancho track bars and installed last friday. They made a huge difference. More than I expected. Just FYI because mine had been aligned too... to my knowledge you can't adjust the axle center without new track bars. So I wouldn't let them sell you an alignment. My thoughts. More knowledgeable people may disagree.

Also, because I trust no shop ever. I found a video of how to measure your own alignment. It was easy. Made me feel better to know the alignment is right. Originally I don't think I had any toe in, which I think adds to the wandering. I now have 1/8" toe in and this thing drives pretty great.

For what its worth.

Jimmy_Berg

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok.
The nitty.... JLU Rubicon, 2 inch lift, 37's, fox 2.0 ats steering stabilizer

Tires have been balanced, rotated, and aligned atleast twice since the bar was installed.

The gritty.... steering is still all over the place.... steering plays between 11 and 2.... I think my jeep is clubbing.... right front tire tucked under vehicle instead of directly in line with the right rear tire when driving straight.... or so I was told by my dad who was driving behind me "your front left tire is like a foot to the left of the back left tire".

Obvs a better alignment is needed and my thoughts are that I need to find a specialty or 4×4 shop who knows how to do the alignment and tackle the steering. Without sounding critical, I think the shop I had all tire and steering work done at tried their best but again... I got major problems here that make driving on the highway in the wind feel like a old time wooden roller coaster.

So before I locate a shop in my area, does anyone have any thoughts or advice for when I take it in? Trying to make this a learning experience bc it really ticks me off when I go into a place and get treated like a cute red head instead of someone who has a pretty decent brain!

Smiles!!!
Good suggestions in the post. I'd definitely start with a track bar. However, how was your steering beforehand? I have a 2018 and had a noticable dead spot in the steering that only got worse with the Mopar "2 inch" lift kit. I added a track bar thinking that would fix the steering to, but it didnt. I'm taking my JLU back in the shop this week to retorque the kit and we are going to take some lash out of the steering box. I will report back if that fixes things.

Bottomline is that my jeep wouldnt track well stock and FCA was zero help. Track bar and stabilizer didnt really fix it and lift kit made it worse.

Mopar kit added 3.25" to my JLU Rubicon btw.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Good suggestions in the post. I'd definitely start with a track bar. However, how was your steering beforehand? I have a 2018 and had a noticable dead spot in the steering that only got worse with the Mopar "2 inch" lift kit. I added a track bar thinking that would fix the steering to, but it didnt. I'm taking my JLU back in the shop this week to retorque the kit and we are going to take some lash out of the steering box. I will report back if that fixes things.

Bottomline is that my jeep wouldnt track well stock and FCA was zero help. Track bar and stabilizer didnt really fix it and lift kit made it worse.

Hate to break it to you bud, but Jeeps dont track well no matter what you do.

JL's are huge improvement over the past wranglers.

Can improve it, but cant eliminate it. Over time you'll get use to it and will hardly notice it.

It's a Jeep thing

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

If you got that much lift I'm guessing your caster is pretty low. Check that and if you're not close to 6 get some adjustable LCAs and get it adjusted to at least 6 degrees.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
If you got that much lift I'm guessing your caster is pretty low. Check that and if you're not close to 6 get some adjustable LCAs and get it adjusted to at least 6 degrees.
Yes this too.

Caster adjustment bolts work well too(is what I have)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
You learn something new everyday. I've never heard it called "crabbing", back in the day it was called "dogging". My step-father explained that when a dog runs their hind legs slightly kick over to the side. So if you were driving behind someone who's rear on their car or truck (not lifted Jeep) was off to either side it was dogging it and that it was due to the frame being bent.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
You learn something new everyday. I've never heard it called "crabbing", back in the day it was called "dogging". My step-father explained that when a dog runs their hind legs slightly kick over to the side. So if you were driving behind someone who's rear on their car or truck (not lifted Jeep) was off to either side it was dogging it and that it was due to the frame being bent.
Yes "dog walking" is how I always knew it

Crab walking must be a new thing..I'm just going with the flow

ff1899

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ram 1500 2019 wrangler moab
Let me know how it goes and what you end up doing with it. We are most likely going to be doing the mopar kit to my girlfriend's 20 in a few months and I rather just add the new lca's front trac bar and rear relocation bracket all at the same time instead of back and forths with the alignment if I put them on after they install the lift
Sponsored