Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Ok.
The nitty.... JLU Rubicon, 2 inch lift, 37's, fox 2.0 ats steering stabilizer

Tires have been balanced, rotated, and aligned atleast twice since the bar was installed.

The gritty.... steering is still all over the place.... steering plays between 11 and 2.... I think my jeep is clubbing.... right front tire tucked under vehicle instead of directly in line with the right rear tire when driving straight.... or so I was told by my dad who was driving behind me "your front left tire is like a foot to the left of the back left tire".

Obvs a better alignment is needed and my thoughts are that I need to find a specialty or 4Ă—4 shop who knows how to do the alignment and tackle the steering. Without sounding critical, I think the shop I had all tire and steering work done at tried their best but again... I got major problems here that make driving on the highway in the wind feel like a old time wooden roller coaster.

So before I locate a shop in my area, does anyone have any thoughts or advice for when I take it in? Trying to make this a learning experience bc it really ticks me off when I go into a place and get treated like a cute red head instead of someone who has a pretty decent brain!

Smiles!!!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok.

Tires have been balanced, rotated, and aligned atleast twice since the bar was installed.

The gritty.... steering is still all over the place.... steering plays between 11 and 2.... I think my jeep is clubbing.... right front tire tucked under vehicle instead of directly in line with the right rear tire when driving straight.... or so I was told by my dad who was driving behind me "your front left tire is like a foot to the left of the back left tire".

Obvs a better alignment is needed and my thoughts are that I need to find a specialty or 4Ă—4 shop who knows how to do the alignment and tackle the steering. Without sounding critical, I think the shop I had all tire and steering work done at tried their best but again... I got major problems here that make driving on the highway in the wind feel like a old time wooden roller coaster.

So before I locate a shop in my area, does anyone have any thoughts or advice for when I take it in? Trying to make this a learning experience bc it really ticks me off when I go into a place and get treated like a cute red head instead of someone who has a pretty decent brain!

Smiles!!!
It sounds like you got more than 2” of lift. You probably got over 3 inches, it’s not uncommon for the Mopar lift. You’ll need to purchase an adjustable front tack bar, and a rear track bar relocation bracket, or an adjustable rear track bar. Also you’ll need adjustable front lower control arms. The track bars are for centering your axles and the control arms for increasing your caster. You like to get your caster around 6 degrees ideally. If you do these things I guarantee your rig will drive a lot better......:)

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like you got more than 2” of lift. You probably got over 3 inches, it’s not uncommon for the Mopar lift. You’ll need to purchase an adjustable front tack bar, and a rear track bar relocation bracket, or an adjustable rear track bar. Also you’ll need adjustable front lower control arms. The track bars are for centering your axles and the control arms for increasing your caster. You like to get your caster around 6 degrees ideally. If you do these things I guarantee your rig will drive a lot better......:)
This is the right answer. Do these and have an alignment done by a group that knows Jeeps

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum

Wow!! Thank you soooo very much! I'm getting right on this! Thank you!!!!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
There's probably nothing wrong with your install. That lift just lacks most of what you need to make it drive properly. Another happy mopar lift customer. I can't believe people are still trying to recommend this pos.

Sponsored

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Ok.

Smiles!!!
Front AND rear adjustable track bars buddy.

Adjusting your toe angle helps to.

You rig is crab walking.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
There's probably nothing wrong with your install. That lift just lacks most of what you need to make it drive properly. Another happy mopar lift customer. I can't believe people are still trying to recommend this pos.
What are you talking about?!

The Fox lift is VERY good!! I highly recommend.

It's a lift kit...not a full through and through kit.

Take a lap...

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
What are you talking about?!

The Fox lift is VERY good!! I highly recommend.

It's a lift kit...not a full through and through kit.

Take a lap...
Lol. Your ignorance is showing again. The only thing worth a crap on that lift are the shocks and they're too short. If someone buys a lift, they shouldn't have to go buy a bunch of stuff from another manufacturer just to make it drive properly. Explain to me how that makes any sense. You can get a complete kit from Metalcloak or Rock Crawler for a few bucks more than the Mopar kit that includes EVERYTHING you need to properly lift your vehicle. Stop justifying this garbage kit.

Reactions: D60

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Front AND rear adjustable track bars buddy.

Adjusting your toe angle helps to.

You rig is crab walking.
That's what I was trying think of... crabbing! I called it clubbing... lol ty!

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Ok ok ok.... the point of this thread is to simply help me with advice. Please no negativity or arguing about this or that. Let's all just stick to the goal of me driving safely.
Thank you everyone for all the advice!

Lol. Your ignorance is showing again. The only thing worth a crap on that lift are the shocks and they're too short. If someone buys a lift, they shouldn't have to go buy a bunch of stuff from another manufacturer just to make it drive properly. Explain to me how that makes any sense. You can get a complete kit from Metalcloak or Rock Crawler for a few bucks more than the Mopar kit that includes EVERYTHING you need to properly lift your vehicle. Stop justifying this garbage kit.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Appointment has been made with Wilson's 4Ă—4 who incidentally is currently attacking the same problem today on another jeep.

Thank you all for the suggestions and I hope everyone enjoys their jeep as much as I love mine! Beach week 2020 is just around the corner!!!!

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Ok ok ok.... the point of this thread is to simply help me with advice. Please no negativity or arguing about this or that. Let's all just stick to the goal of me driving safely.
Thank you everyone for all the advice!
I just want to make it clear..

...I have absolutely no problem with a hot chick sticking up for me.

...just sayn:bandit:
Sponsored