Sponsored

Steering Damper replacement recall - successful?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
OK then, how many deaths?
Rudolph, you just don’t get it......

see, Jeeps and, in fact, all solid front axle vehicles, are Inherently deadly and should be banned. Actual road data over decades doesn’t matter. Educated consumers don’t matter. Google searches and YouTube don’t matter. None of it matters. Jeeps should be banned because, apparently, a hypothetical woman “sally”, “mom”, or “sis” (always a women.... sexist much?) may get scared and have an accident.
Sponsored

Jebb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
OK then, how many deaths?
How would we know? Do we ask the dead people what caused them to crash?

I didn't come up with this term - 775,000 webpages refer to it as "death wobble". There are numerous threads and 15,000+ views of the subject on this forum alone.

Why are YOU here talking about it if it's no big deal?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
How would we know? Do we ask the dead people what caused them to crash?

I didn't come up with this term - 775,000 webpages refer to it as "death wobble". There are numerous threads and 15,000+ views of the subject on this forum alone.

Why are YOU here talking about it if it's no big deal?
Well I assumed that as you’re making assertions about deaths you would have some data to back it up or otherwise it just looks like unsubstantiated sensationalism. Clearly I was wrong.

Jebb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Rudolph, you just don’t get it......

see, Jeeps and, in fact, all solid front axle vehicles, are Inherently deadly and should be banned. Actual road data over decades doesn’t matter. Educated consumers don’t matter. Google searches and YouTube don’t matter. None of it matters. Jeeps should be banned because, apparently, a hypothetical woman “sally”, “mom”, or “sis” (always a women.... sexist much?) may get scared and have an accident.
I drove a solid front axle pickup truck for 20 years. Never once experienced any sort of "death wobble".

Jebb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Well I assumed that as you’re making assertions about deaths you would have some data to back it up or otherwise it just looks like unsubstantiated sensationalism. Clearly I was wrong.
So are you saying there is an acceptable number?

Again, why are YOU here talking about it?

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I drove a solid front axle pickup truck for 20 years. Never once experienced any sort of "death wobble".
And I personally know several men and women who have owned nothing but Jeep wranglers for decades and haven’t experienced it either. So, I guess that we just proved that wranglers and all solid front axle vehicles shouldn’t be banned as you previously suggested?

Jebb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
And I personally know several men and women who have owned nothing but Jeep wranglers for decades and haven’t experienced it either. So, I guess that we just proved that wranglers and all solid front axle vehicles shouldn’t be banned as you previously suggested?
#1) I didn't suggest banning all solid front axles vehicles
#2) Again, if it's not a big deal then why are there 3/4 million webpages talking about it?

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
#1) I didn't suggest banning all solid front axles vehicles
#2) Again, if it's not a big deal then why are there 3/4 million webpages talking about it?
There are 5.7 billion web pages about cats. Why so many if cats aren’t a problem?
There are 108m pages for the search term “people killed by cats”. Wow, there must be a problem with cats.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Less than 1000 complaints to the NHTSA relating to steering in the years 2018 and 2019.

Jebb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
There are 5.7 billion web pages about cats. Why so many if cats aren’t a problem?
There are 108m pages for the search term “people killed by cats”. Wow, there must be a problem with cats.
Still haven't answered my question - why are YOU here talking about this "non-problem"?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Still haven't answered MY question - why are YOU here talking about this "non-problem"?
We’re all free to talk about whatever we like, within reason, that’s what a forum is for. We’re also free to make sensational and lurid claims but do so at the risk of looking foolish if we can’t substantiate them.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Still haven't answered my question - why are YOU here talking about this "non-problem"?
What problem?

I’m talking about cats killing people. It’s all over the web. Scary.
Sponsored