Bob and Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Mojito! 2016 Renegade Black
Vehicle Showcase
37A4BD8A-C738-4B9D-8006-8193525869E5.jpeg
3FF15A61-DCCE-44AB-B6E7-2716D069594F.jpeg
Hmm not sure I see a bulge up or down...? Snapped some quick pics. Have to look again later.

It’s up, and arrow pointing to back of vehicle.

6EF91708-B582-4740-B3F9-1885C86E896F.jpeg
It's on upside down. It truly does make a difference in how it functions.
Sponsored

ThaThrill

First Name
Tha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimted
Prior to this recall I only had one steering issue. The steering would lock up as if the car needed power steering fluid when driving 40-60mph. Almost got into an accident when this occurred. Took it to the dealership and they reprogrammed something which did fix the issue. I havnet really noticed any other issues so I ignored the notices until the dealership called me directly and asked to service it. Had service done wednesday which took about an hour. I have noticed steering is a little bit tighter but other than that things are normal. However I have noticed a strange stuttering on the highway when decelerating/maintaining traffic speed. Might have to head back to the dealership...

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Prior to this recall I only had one steering issue. The steering would lock up as if the car needed power steering fluid when driving 40-60mph. Almost got into an accident when this occurred. Took it to the dealership and they reprogrammed something which did fix the issue. I havnet really noticed any other issues so I ignored the notices until the dealership called me directly and asked to service it. Had service done wednesday which took about an hour. I have noticed steering is a little bit tighter but other than that things are normal. However I have noticed a strange stuttering on the highway when decelerating/maintaining traffic speed. Might have to head back to the dealership...
If you do end up going back to the dealer, we are happy to connect you with a case manager to ensure everything gets handled. Feel free to send us a private message if you would like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Looked at mine and sure enough it’s also upside down. I don’t understand how this simple install is getting screwed up as much as it is.

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Looked at mine and sure enough it’s also upside down. I don’t understand how this simple install is getting screwed up as much as it is.
The V41 Upside Down Club poll is suggesting that 40% of installs were bad. Check your new dampers folks!

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So sorry to read about this! We would be happy to escalate a case for you to a case manager. Please send us a private message with your VIN and the dealer you worked with so we can assist further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I spoke with the dealer today about it and it sounds like they are going to fix it. I don't know if i need to escalate at this point. Thank you

So sorry to read about this! We would be happy to escalate a case for you to a case manager. Please send us a private message with your VIN and the dealer you worked with so we can assist further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This thread is interesting and important.
Thanks!
Sponsored