Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU High Altitude
Occupation
Chiropractor
Hi guys,

Yesterday I had my first issue with my Jeep. I’m at 2700 miles, and I’m having an issue with starting my Jeep. It won’t start on the first crank anymore. It willact like it is starting but won’t turn over. Then after it won’t start it then quits. I try to start it again and it starts just fine, and shows the “service start stop” screen. Thismorning I drove it to the dealer and it started just fine. The dealer said both batteries are completely fine, and they don’t know what the issue could be yet.
Has anyone else had a similar issue? 2021 JLU HA with eTorque.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chirojeep

chirojeep

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU High Altitude
Occupation
Chiropractor
Hi guys,

Yesterday I had my first issue with my Jeep. I’m at 2700 miles, and I’m having an issue with starting my Jeep. It won’t start on the first crank anymore. It willact like it is starting but won’t turn over. Then after it won’t start it then quits. I try to start it again and it starts just fine, and shows the “service start stop” screen. Thismorning I drove it to the dealer and it started just fine. The dealer said both batteries are completely fine, and they don’t know what the issue could be yet.
Has anyone else had a similar issue? 2021 JLU HA with eTorque.
Bump

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure this is a sign of a bad aux battery.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@chirojeep

Could be a number of things..... with intermittent issues like this dealership Techs, Mechanics .... may not be able to figure out what the issue is...... until the issue occurs and the vehicle just won't start and you have it flat bedded to the dealer for repair.

This could be related to a simple grounding issue.. Neg terminal connection is loose, etc...

You do NOT have an Aux battery as you have eTorque.... so it is not an Aux battery related issue.

-----------------
Print the info below out and keep in yoyr JL... You may be soon faced with a no start situation....

Also, see/read the info in your Owner's Manual in regard to "Park Release", cause if you have a no start situation you will need to know how to get your automatic tranny JL, to roll freely so it cna be pushed off the road and or loaded on to a flat bed truck carrier...

If you do ever have to get it to the dealership for some reason, your MUST have it flat bedded there. Do not tow it there.

Under Warranty....Call Jeep Road Service at Ph. 1-800-992-1997 and tell them you need it taken to dealership.. you are broken down.

They will arrange for and they will pay for, the trip to the nearest dealership. Must be nearest dealer or you will end up being billed for the flat bed.

You MUST specifically tell the agent that answers, that the owner's manual says Flat Bed only or you may very well not have a flat bed truck show up. Anyway, do not tow it, Flatbed it.

In regard to doing this.... Gently, slowly, pull the orange tether and while you do that, listen carefully. You will hear an audible, very slight click.... when you hear the click, stop pulling...

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting issue zzz.JPG

Last edited:

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
@chirojeep

You do NOT have an Aux battery as you have eTorque.
Good catch. Just remember the dozen other threads of starting on second try but not first being the battery test sequence of aux and main.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Does it always fail to start on the first attempt when cold?
Does it ever fail when at operating temp?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Did you get this fixed? I went to the dealer, they seemed to think it was the fob. So they replaced the battery. Then it kept doing the same starter thing, I push the button no go lights come on, push again sometimes it starts or tries to, push third time and usually starts
Sponsored