Sponsored

standard and optional rubicon rims

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The rims at the LA auto show were not "full black" but rather the silver looked darker grey but still not full black FYI. If i had to say it looks like 50% darker silver was all - sort of like window tinted.

upload_2018-1-4_13-1-58.png
Are these just the standard rims with a paint job or coat job? Or are they their own part and will they be available to purchase?
Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
What’s a fair price on selling the takeoffs? Tires and wheels or just the tires.. I ordered the JKUR.. dealer won’t give much so I’ll CL them

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What’s a fair price on selling the takeoffs? Tires and wheels or just the tires.. I ordered the JKUR.. dealer won’t give much so I’ll CL them
JK Rubi take-offs for rims & tyres were selling from $750-1200 US last year, not sure about now. However the darker Hard Rock and Recon rims tend to crowd out the plain Rubicon Rims at the top so that the standard Rubi rims usually capped out at or below $1000. Also depends on the region, and if there are a lot of them floating around.

Just the KM tyres, you’re lucky if you get $100 each.

Just to be clear you said JKUR and not JLUR, market for JLUR take-offs is still sorting itself out, and would bump the prices a little more.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I'm still confused about the standard and optional rubicon rims. Various docs of them, but the descriptions are the same for the two rim options :)

Whats further confusing me, is both mention a polished part of the rim. But some Rubicon photos show an all black rim.

Color me confused! Anyone have any insight?
I ordered my Rubicon Friday and saw the stock rims in person, they look great in person compared to photos on line so I went with the standard rims

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Stock Rubi's look a bit more meaty imho.

Ribixcon

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Rubicon
Okay, so I ordered a 2 door rubicon and I did not pay extra for upgraded wheels. are these the wheels I will get:?
upload_2018-5-30_11-4-58.png

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase