Spotify on CarPlay - Playlists cut

RubiconIsland

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited 2.0
Hi, on my 2021 JLUR playlists in Spotify on CarPlay playlists are cut to 10 entries.

Wondering if anyones else has that problem?
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Hi, on my 2021 JLUR playlists in Spotify on CarPlay playlists are cut to 10 entries.

Wondering if anyones else has that problem?
It’s a safety feature. If you come to a complete stop you can scroll. (I have a manual - no idea if auto has to be put in park, or just stopped.)

Thankfully, you can just ask Siri to do what you want. Press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel for three seconds and Siri will engage. Then you can say something like “Play the album 10,000 Days by Tool on Spotify.”

OP
OP
RubiconIsland

RubiconIsland

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s a safety feature. If you come to a complete stop you can scroll. (I have a manual - no idea if auto has to be put in park, or just stopped.)

Thankfully, you can just ask Siri to do what you want. Press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel for three seconds and Siri will engage. Then you can say something like “Play the album 10,000 Days by Tool on Spotify.”
really? I don't feel too safe when hustling with my phone instead. cause I feel addiction for a song..

My VW doesn't have that, is there a way to disable this "feature"?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
really? I don't feel too safe when hustling with my phone instead. cause I feel addiction for a song..

My VW doesn't have that, is there a way to disable this "feature"?
It’s an Apple feature, I believe. So, no. Using voice commands is the only suitable workaround that I found.

OP
OP
RubiconIsland

RubiconIsland

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s an Apple feature, I believe. So, no. Using voice commands is the only suitable workaround that I found.
Sure, but maybe the software of the car could tell iOS that the car is not moving when tweaked. Not sure form where the conditions for that are coming.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, but maybe the software of the car could tell iOS that the car is not moving when tweaked. Not sure form where the conditions for that are coming.
Tazer can unlock GPS usage while in motion, but it doesn’t work for Apple CarPlay. @joe@zauto - that would be an awesome enhancement to the Tazer. To be sure, disabling Spotify scroll is super annoying.

OP
OP
RubiconIsland

RubiconIsland

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100%, its annoying and really stupid about security. Guess I'm not the only that uses phone instead.

As its not like that on my VW it seems the info must come from the car. So there should be a chance to change it.
Would defiantly be a big selling point for me if Tazer could do that.
Sponsored