Sponsored

Jeep Audio cuts out (Carplay / Uconnect issues??)

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hi Jeepers...I need your help please. I'm having an issue where my Jeep loses all audio power (music, back up alert, gps) after I've used my iPhone plugged in to Carplay. I've read through other threads on what I believe may be this same issue and tried the recommendations (hold down the green phone and voice command keys simultaneously for 30 seconds to reset Uconnect), and nothing. I've rebooted my phone several times; cut/restarted my Jeep several times, nada. I've gone all through my phone and every option in the Jeep media interface and I don't see what I'm missing or why the audio just(seemingly) arbitrarily cuts out. The phone appears to be paired okay. Carplay is on and allowed to 'play while locked' (under General/Carplay in my iPhone). Also weirdly my iPhone audio/alerts don't work when I'm in my Jeep. I can't use Siri, don't hear the TM tone come through when I get messages and don't hear my phone GPS voice when I'm using that cause my Jeep gps isn't talking to me.

Heeeeeeelppppp!!!! Thank you so much.

Ride on,
Cricket
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Sorry for your frustrations...Have you tried pulling the fuse? If you haven't already, try pulling it then reinsert till it is fully seated. You will notice that when it does come back some things won't show up right away. In fact they may only show up after a full cycle of engine on running then shut off and exiting the vehicle .

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Make sure your radio's software is the latest version. It fixes a bunch of issues. The latest one is v39.6

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It's more than likely the crappy UConnect4. Take it in to the dealer to log the problem. I do not think FCA or UConnect knows what is wrong. They will replace the head unit but be aware that might not fix the issue. I had 3 different head units and still issues. They also are replacing the head units with used rebuilt units. Maybe the latest update will help? Good Luck.

OP
OP
Cricket In Cruz
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for input everyone! Much appreciated. I hate to admit it (Jeeper hangs her head in shame...), but I don't know how to pull the fuse, or update my radio software (or even see what version I'm running for that matter).

Can you advise?

Thank you, you thank you!
Cricket

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cricket In Cruz
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for your frustrations...Have you tried pulling the fuse? If you haven't already, try pulling it then reinsert till it is fully seated. You will notice that when it does come back some things won't show up right away. In fact they may only show up after a full cycle of engine on running then shut off and exiting the vehicle .
Thanks for your input Rico! I hate to admit it, but I don't know how to pull/reinsert the fuse??

OP
OP
Cricket In Cruz
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure your radio's software is the latest version. It fixes a bunch of issues. The latest one is v39.6
Thanks for your input AnebuR! Can you advise how I check my radio's software for the latest version? Thank you!!

OP
OP
Cricket In Cruz
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's more than likely the crappy UConnect4. Take it in to the dealer to log the problem. I do not think FCA or UConnect knows what is wrong. They will replace the head unit but be aware that might not fix the issue. I had 3 different head units and still issues. They also are replacing the head units with used rebuilt units. Maybe the latest update will help? Good Luck.
Thanks for the input Viper! I'm a bit reluctant to take it to the dealership cause I think they'll charge me $$$$ for issues that may/may not even exist. I assume they'll change me to replace the head unit, right? I'm just our of warranty (2018 model). :(

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Cricket, if you open your hood you will see on the left hand side a box adjacent to the firewall/windshield and also the battery.
Open the box and on the underside of the box it has a schematic showing which fuses are plugged into the box. there is one for the radio...F7 I think or F11 don't go by me you will see on the underside of top which number it is. Once you find it, there is a yellow tongue looking contraption held in a little clip...use that to pull the fuse. all you have to do is pull it for a few seconds then put it back in. while you are in there push down on all other fuses make sure they are seated and snug. Now put the tongues back and close the cover . Restart the jeep and see if it reboots the radio....Hope it does...let us know.

OP
OP
Cricket In Cruz
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cricket, if you open your hood you will see on the left hand side a box adjacent to the firewall/windshield and also the battery.
Open the box and on the underside of the box it has a schematic showing which fuses are plugged into the box. there is one for the radio...F7 I think or F11 don't go by me you will see on the underside of top which number it is. Once you find it, there is a yellow tongue looking contraption held in a little clip...use that to pull the fuse. all you have to do is pull it for a few seconds then put it back in. while you are in there push down on all other fuses make sure they are seated and snug. Now put the tongues back and close the cover . Restart the jeep and see if it reboots the radio....Hope it does...let us know.
Rico, you're awesome - thank you so much! Will check that out. Appreciate the step-by-step!! :)
Sponsored