Waze on CarPlay?

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
This past weekend I updated my iPhone to iOS 12 and made sure that my Waze app is up to date. Had thought the app icon would have popped up on the CarPlay app screen but no luck. What am I missing here? Is there another step needed to get Waze to work in my Jeep? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This past weekend I updated my iPhone to iOS 12 and made sure that my Waze app is up to date. Had thought the app icon would have popped up on the CarPlay app screen but no luck. What am I missing here? Is there another step needed to get Waze to work in my Jeep? Thanks in advance.
As far as I know, Waze is still in beta testing for CarPlay. They should be releasing their update soon.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Yes, use an Android phone.

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
Yep still in beta. I'm on the beta and it's working almost flawlessly. I'd assume the public should have it this week or next at the latest.

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
Still in beta. Google maps is working, though. Actually works very well, and is quite detailed in satellite mode.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep4Life0112

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Still in beta. Google maps is working, though. Actually works very well, and is quite detailed in satellite mode.
Just noticed that the google maps icon is now there. I will give this a try while I wait for the Waze app to show up. Thanks!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Guy N Cognito
@Jeep4Life0112

When you have Google Maps up and running, rotate the large knob on the right just below the 8.4 radio. The know that you would normally turn channels with when playing XM music, etc.. Rotating that know back and forth zooms the map in and out. At least with Android Auto in the mix it does this.... Really cool.........

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
Just noticed that the google maps icon is now there. I will give this a try while I wait for the Waze app to show up. Thanks!
I’m a Waze guy, but I like Google maps. And, given that waze is owned by Google, if speculate the driver data is similar.

OP
OP
Jeep4Life0112

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
@Guy N Cognito
@Jeep4Life0112

When you have Google Maps up and running, rotate the large knob on the right just below the 8.4 radio. The know that you would normally turn channels with when playing XM music, etc.. Rotating that know back and forth zooms the map in and out. At least with Android Auto in the mix it does this.... Really cool.........

Thanks for the tip! I just tried Google Maps on the 8.4 UConnect using Car Play and an iPhone. The large tuning knob can be used to zoom in/out or move around on the map which is a nice feature.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks for the tip! I just tried Google Maps on the 8.4 UConnect using Car Play and an iPhone. The large tuning knob can be used to zoom in/out or move around on the map which is a nice feature.
YES, I appreciated the ability to do so. By the way, you cannot do this with WAZE.

Depending on type of trip, etc., I use either Waze or Google Maps.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Yep still in beta. I'm on the beta and it's working almost flawlessly. I'd assume the public should have it this week or next at the latest.
+1

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Waze was just released on carplay, you'll need to update the app for it to work.

5Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Waze should work now, it was updated in the apple App Store 18hrs ago.

MikefromLI

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
18'JL Sport S '13 Boss 302 67 Mustang GT Fastback, 1972 Grand Torino
Occupation
Technology Executive

i have the beta waze works great comming soon...
Sponsored