Sport..

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
They really know how to make wheels look substandard... That’s like an industry standard. Using premium wheels to upsell you on the overall vehicle trim
Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think the sport is the best candidate for someone that wants a new reliable "affordable" (I say affordable because from the lineup it is the cheapest...but IMO it is a bit pricey for what it is) Jeep....keep it for a few years....then mod it way beyond the Rubicon level once its paid off and wheel it hard! :jk:

I think of it like Jeeps blank canvas for the aftermarketers dream build.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I think the sport is the best candidate for someone that wants a new reliable "affordable" (I say affordable because from the lineup it is the cheapest...but IMO it is a bit pricey for what it is) Jeep....keep it for a few years....then mod it way beyond the Rubicon level once its paid off and wheel it hard! :jk:

I think of it like Jeeps blank canvas for the aftermarketers dream build.
That's my plan. 35s and a nice lift while I save my coins for a Ultimate Dana 60 rear and possibly front also. This is my first Wrangler. I feel like a Rubicon is already put together. Doesn't leave me room to play around lol

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Alright, now we're creating more of this illusive stigma of elitism that surrounds the Rubicon. There is no difference in the grade of plastic for the black fender flares used on either the Sport or Rubicon, they're one in the same. To boot, the Sport has never had body-colored fender flares as an option from the factory, ever.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
There are a bunch of Sport photos and reviews out there, you just need to know how to look.

This isn’t exclusive to FCA or even MFRs, most ads have all that fine print at the bottom because they need to inform you that they are not showing the bare bones base model.
Just like mfrs, reviewers are also more interested in showcasing the options and top trims, not the base models because they don’t demand the same attention. You’ll be hard pressed to find a review from a major auto mag/site for a crew trim minivan or a fleet level car or truck, because they are neither the priority of the mfr nor the reviewers. And that’s the way it should be, cater more to those that are willing to pay more.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
That's my plan. 35s and a nice lift while I save my coins for a Ultimate Dana 60 rear and possibly front also. This is my first Wrangler. I feel like a Rubicon is already put together. Doesn't leave me room to play around lol
FCA has released 1 photo of the Sport. You think that is acceptable at this point, now that we know practically EVERYTHING about the other 2 models?.. find me a review of a Wrangler Sport, by the way.. please lol

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A Rubicon is without a doubt more so ready to go out of the gate than a Sport, but I wouldnt say its already put together. Its put together quite well as far as drive it off the lot and go climb some decent rocks, but there is always a lot of room for improvement later on.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've done lots of mods to my 08 Rubi, and it continues to change. The Sport does give you more of a blank canvas, though, for sure.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
FCA has released 1 photo of the Sport. You think that is acceptable at this point, now that we know practically EVERYTHING about the other 2 models?.. find me a review of a Wrangler Sport, by the way.. please lol
Well I've been waiting to buy this truck for two years. A Sahara is only a Sport S with the visual upgrades pretty much if I'm correct. Rather or not they reviewed it or not, I planned on buying the JLU regardless long as what I heard was positive and they review's are indeed positive.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
A Rubicon is without a doubt more so ready to go out of the gate than a Sport, but I wouldnt say its already put together. Its put together quite well as far as drive it off the lot and go climb some decent rocks, but there is always a lot of room for improvement later on.
Well I don't even climb rocks now lol I have a GC right now. I'm buying more for the open air experience so it's straight out of the gate rock crawling abilities doesn't attract me. What does attract me is the amount of customizable features a Wrangler brings to the table.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, now we're creating more of this illusive stigma of elitism that surrounds the Rubicon. There is no difference in the grade of plastic for the black fender flares used on either the Sport or Rubicon, they're one in the same. To boot, the Sport has never had body-colored fender flares as an option from the factory, ever.
This ^

It is true Jeep is hyping the Rubicon and Sahara more than the Sport....but thats just business. All car companies do that....Chevy being probably the worst.

Go youtube the chevy parody commercials with 'Mahk' from Boston lol
Sponsored