SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I want a manual rubicon personally but I gotta make the wife happy too. She’s fine with spending the extra money for the rubicon but doesn’t want a stick. Lol
Sponsored

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I can confirm the manual drives like a dream. Second manual Jeep I've had and about my 5th manual vehicle over all. Best MT I've ever driven. First gear is very "short" and 6th gear is really "tall". But it moves effortlessly between gears and the torque curve is designed well.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I want a manual rubicon personally but I gotta make the wife happy too. She’s fine with spending the extra money for the rubicon but doesn’t want a stick. Lol
"Happy wife, happy life"

Thats why my Jeep has the hard top and the automatic.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
"Happy wife, happy life"

Thats why my Jeep has the hard top and the automatic.
Funny, my wife wouldn't sign off on the Rubicon unless it WAS a MT.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, my wife wouldn't sign off on the Rubicon unless it WAS a MT.
lol, she can drive stick, and her first two cars had it, but she just grew to like the automatic when I got my Ram, and next thing I know thats all she wants.

I still have my bike, so I do have at least some manual time.

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
The last two cars I’ve had have been turds so I’m really excited about getting a wrangler. I’ve wanted one since I was a kid. My plan is to lease a Rubicon (I know. Kind of a crazy idea) drive it stock for a few months to make sure I absolutely love it and see if I really will take it wheeling. If I do (which I’m sure I will) then I’ll start modding it here and there and make it “mine” then buy out the lease. If for some reason I don’t love it then I’ll keep it stock and turn it in at lease end. It I’m pretty sure I’m going to love it.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The last two cars I’ve had have been turds so I’m really excited about getting a wrangler. I’ve wanted one since I was a kid. My plan is to lease a Rubicon (I know. Kind of a crazy idea) drive it stock for a few months to make sure I absolutely love it and see if I really will take it wheeling. If I do (which I’m sure I will) then I’ll start modding it here and there and make it “mine” then buy out the lease. If for some reason I don’t love it then I’ll keep it stock and turn it in at lease end. It I’m pretty sure I’m going to love it.
I'd recommend waiting til you're free and clear of the lease before modifying it, plus it'll help you save up for some good mods if you really like it.

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I'd recommend waiting til you're free and clear of the lease before modifying it, plus it'll help you save up for some good mods if you really like it.
That’d be a long torturous wait. Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I haven’t been able to find any info about the mopar lift being able to be put in a lease. It’s “aftermarket” but it’s also factory so it should residualize.

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Buy a Sport, get a $2000 dollar lift, 35s, and whatever else you want for the rest of the $10,000 you saved. Better yet get a discounted 2018 or 2017 JK. That's what I wish I did.

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I know I can save a ton of money getting a JK but the JL just seems to be improved in so many ways. Plus I’m the type of guy who just can’t pull the trigger on the older model when the new one is available. Lol

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
.... plus the automatic in the JL seems to be WAY better than the 5 speed in the JK. That’s a big point to me too.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
I am going through the same dilemma. However, I figured I should just get the rubicon as it comes with the lockers from the factory. Besides, if I got a sport I wouldn’t mod it past a rubicon level anyway and I wouldn’t have much of a factory warranty left if I did. Therefore, I vote rubicon.
Sponsored