First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
The quality of the Jtops shade is superior to that of a bungie top. On top of that the technology and innovation that goes into a Jtops shade is unmatched, it provides full coverage from the sun and the magnets used in its design prevent it from causing any excess noise or flapping.

Trust me you will be more than satisfied with sticking with Jtops, their finalized design is revolutionary, and the straps are no longer an issue. The updated video should be out in the next day or so.
Any word on the updated install video? Wanna see it before I make a decision...
Sponsored

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
Dirty dog 4x4 has a setup. It's a 2 piece design sunshade. I had it in my jk and the quality is just as nice in the jl. We have it on ours along with the rear nets as well.

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
Dirty dog 4x4 has a setup. It's a 2 piece design sunshade. I had it in my jk and the quality is just as nice in the jl. We have it on ours along with the rear nets as well.
How do the tops hold on, are they velcro or strap/buckle? hard to tell from the photos on the website. I do like the ideea of the 2 piece setup for front and rear.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I am glad you brought this up. I worked closely with Mike the owner of Jtops and I was lucky enough to have the first one they ever produced. After utilizing the top for the entire weekend the straps that were hanging down were my biggest concern. Luckily yesterday when I brought it up to Mike they said they already tackled a solution! Every top that has been pre ordered will not have this strap issue and he is also working on making an updated install video.

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg
I like the fact that there are no gaps in coverage with the JTops top. While I like the Spidershade, it has gaps along the roll bar. The fact that the bungees stretch out is of no consequence to me either. Those are cheap to replace when needed. The other thing I like about the JTops is that their titanium top blocks 90% of the UV...their other tops block out 80%. I'm not sure what UV %age Spidershade blocks. Overaall...I think they are both quality shades but it just comes down to personal preference.

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
How do the tops hold on, are they velcro or strap/buckle? hard to tell from the photos on the website. I do like the ideea of the 2 piece setup for front and rear.
They are straps. You don't have to fold the windshield down at all to install it. If it gets a little nicer up in jersey i'll pull the top and snap a few pics for you of it all
Sponsored