First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport; 2018 Jaguar F Pace
I did the simple install of the Infiniti 3032cfx 3.5" in the dash corners today. Easy. Very slight trimming of the metal screw holes with some tin snips to make it fit. Incredible sound. I can't remember hearing symbols before now. Worth every penny.
Sponsored

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
@RSK When you hooked up the 6.5 in the SB did you use the 3.5" or the 4" wiring? As the factory amplifier has the signals already using a internal crossover. So the 3.5" gets higher signals, and the 4" gets midbass. So it could possibly sound quite awful as it's only getting half of the frequency range. I'm curious if the ones in the dash that you installed. As they are two way speakers, but with the signal from the factory amplifier they would only be working as a mid bass, and the tweeter is likely not putting out anything at all for those Focals.
Could have been Jeepingib, I never connected the SB 3.5” wiring at all. Probably should have that day In hindsight I suppose, but read a few blogs where others said only to connected the SB 4” wiring to the crossover. That the SB 3.5” was connected to the same channel and it didn’t matter. I should have tested, but it was hot that day and I got frustrated. I sent the speakers back to Crutchfield (they are great to work with) the next day and only $10 for the return to try them out.

I can say the 6.5” Focal 165 RCX coax in the knees were a noticeable improvement IMO and the front sound stage is very good for the price I’ve put into it. Since that time, I put my doors back on (hardtop is still off) for the first time since adding the Metra pods & 6.5” Focal’s in the knees. I’m even more impressed with the current setup & base overall with the doors on. I did SoundSkin my entire cab & doors last year, which I know helps.

I didn’t notice any drop off in highs with the dash or SB 3.5” speakers after adding the 6.5” in the knees. Currently, I’m content with my investment and sound I’m getting from it. I’ll probably revisit this SB upgrade again one day when I want more and add an amp with it, but good enough for me right now.

Another call out, my 1 yr free SiriusXM expired and started listen through my IPhone streaming Pandora, regular radio & a couple other free apps. It’s so much better than Sirius. I’d recommend trying non-SiriusXM listening when doing any comparison or testing.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
@RSK you should try Tidal. Much better quality. I have used Spotify, Pandora, and Amazon Music, but there would always be things that just weren't right, especially cymbals or very low bass. Found out that those streaming sites compress and filter the signal and those extreme highs and lows are often lost.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
@RSK you should try Tidal. Much better quality. I have used Spotify, Pandora, and Amazon Music, but there would always be things that just weren't right, especially cymbals or very low bass. Found out that those streaming sites compress and filter the signal and those extreme highs and lows are often lost.
I’ll do that & thanks for the tip.

Ingrum

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport; 2018 Jaguar F Pace
Replaced the knee speakers with poly-filled Metra boxes and Focals.

There are a lot of pics on this process, so I won't add any. Huge pain in the ass.

Few tips You have to have the 7mm wrench/socket. There are differences between the Metra and Crutchfield instructions on the passenger side. I essentially used both. Be careful on the clips, understand which way they are supposed to come out pull them straight out. Inspect each clip when you take it out to repair as necessary. You can use a paint pen to mark the locations of the screws you take out, the screw locations are hidden when you put it back together. I kept the ignition plate hanging the whole process so I could turn on the radio and make sure everything was working as I put things back together. Easier to do with the doors off.

These speakers don't fit into the Metra boxes, you have to remove the "tabs", which is easy with a pair of vice grips.

About 3 hours for me start to finish. The corner dash speakers took me about 15 minutes.

Will have to absorb how the speakers sound when I get the top and doors back on. But wanted to put a few installation notes down.

Sponsored

Parvezident

First Name
Parvez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
My sound bar speakers (OEM) stopping working after I finished my upgrade. Any clue on what I might have done wrong? Did I just unplug something or do I need to route the sound bar speaker wiring to the amp too?

Non-alpine 7” radio

New set up:
- front woofers + tweeters: Morel Maximo Ultra 602
- pre amp: PAC AP4-CH41 R.2
- sub: JL Audio 10W3V3-4
- amp: Alpine PDX-V9

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
What is the plug and play adapter for the infinity 3.5 for sound bar. I just did my dash after figuring out my stock speaker quitting issue

the 72-7901 didn’t fit and I had to do it by splicing. I’d like to get the correct adapter for sound bar.

ENadeau

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Metra 72-7902 for the 3.5”. Make sure to check the polarity as was pointed out to me. Seems Metra harnesses have their colored wires reversed in a lot of cases.

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Need help. So I put in the infinity 3.5 in dash. Sounded much better. So I order two more to replace the 3.5 in sb. The connector was a total different size so the metra harness wouldn’t work. It had black and white wire unlike colored in front also. Anyhow. I hook them up and put on bass blockers like the front. White to white. Black to black. Wired together. White positive black negative. (I assume)
Now. They work and sound nice and clear highs. Problem is. I all of a sudden have to much bass in front. Really don’t hear much in sb. It sounds weird. Don’t really know how to explain it. It’s like the bass on equalizer was turned to high as go.
Is it polarity? Was the white wires negative and black positive? Did I wire it wrong? Should I take blockers off sb?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Need help. So I put in the infinity 3.5 in dash. Sounded much better. So I order two more to replace the 3.5 in sb. The connector was a total different size so the metra harness wouldn’t work. It had black and white wire unlike colored in front also. Anyhow. I hook them up and put on bass blockers like the front. White to white. Black to black. Wired together. White positive black negative. (I assume)
Now. They work and sound nice and clear highs. Problem is. I all of a sudden have to much bass in front. Really don’t hear much in sb. It sounds weird. Don’t really know how to explain it. It’s like the bass on equalizer was turned to high as go.
Is it polarity? Was the white wires negative and black positive? Did I wire it wrong? Should I take blockers off sb?
Leave the blockers in. Get your factory speakers out and note which factory wire connects to the speaker terminal with the small capacitor. That is the positive wire, make sure that's the wire that connects to the positive terminal of the new speakers.

Sponsored

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you think I maybe hooked the sb infinities up backwards?
I threw the connectors out. Trash day tomorrow. Rrr

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone tell me if the 3.5 in sb is white positive or negative. Black positive or negative. I hooked it up as white positive etc. but maybe that was wrong

wiring diagram doesn’t show any white or black. But shows green and gray which was not there for those speakers.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Is there any concensus what is the best affordable upgrade for the 3.5 and 4 upgrade for the buck, without having to read 27 pages.
My system is 5inch stock radio don't even want to add amp to, just want to change speaker.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Is there any concensus what is the best affordable upgrade for the 3.5 and 4 upgrade for the buck, without having to read 27 pages.
My system is 5inch stock radio don't even want to add amp to, just want to change speaker.
Im sure skimming through breifly will guve options. But i mostly hear about jl c2s. Kicker ( hit or miss depending on your liking). And pioneer. For the prices of the c2s you can put some 6.5 in thatll be twice as good. Sound bar can be replaced or cut to add what you want ive seen 6x9s from pioneer that sounded great. But without an amp or after market radio your going to lack quality regardless
Sponsored