Sound System

Tykoehn1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
I compared the stock sound system to the Alpine sound system yesterday. The stock system is definitely improved on the stock JK system. The only problem I can foresee is the loudness of the system. In my opinion, you might have trouble hearing it with the top and doors off. The Alpine system is of course louder and has more bass, but personally I think the sound quality isn't as dramatic as in the JK systems. I ordered the Alpine system because of the loudness, bass, and I wanted the larger screen.
Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I compared the stock sound system to the Alpine sound system yesterday. The stock system is definitely improved on the stock JK system. The only problem I can foresee is the loudness of the system. In my opinion, you might have trouble hearing it with the top and doors off. The Alpine system is of course louder and has more bass, but personally I think the sound quality isn't as dramatic as in the JK systems. I ordered the Alpine system because of the loudness, bass, and I wanted the larger screen.
I have two kicker 15in subs that'll be going in the back. I'll replace all the speakers too. Are the speakers still the standard sizes?

OP
OP

Tykoehn1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
I have two kicker 15in subs that'll be going in the back. I'll replace all the speakers too. Are the speakers still the standard sizes?
I didn't take the grills off, but they looked like standard sizes. I should know this but I think it's 8 speakers like JK from 2016-2018.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Damn 15" subs! You're going to blow the top off...

Sponsored

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
They'll only be fully powered when the top is off lol
How is the vibration within the vehicle when the subs are on? I'm a diehard basshead and I'm thinking about throwing a pair of aftermarket subs into the new JL.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
It pumps, bass shakes the rear window. It very sensative to input. Im old school and use Ipod Classic, the premium sound system seems more picky about input volume, and all of my albums are not the same quality. The JK premium didn't seem to mind this as much, but this system is def better than my 12 JKU. Bass hits!

VinnyV2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 6 speed
Have you tried the ambient noise reduction, and what do you think? BTW your ride looks awesome, I have a granite Rubi on order myself!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
If the only setting for that is in the audio menu, then no. But I will later to check it out. I remember seeing something that in that menu.... Thanks btw.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
It pumps, bass shakes the rear window. It very sensative to input. Im old school and use Ipod Classic, the premium sound system seems more picky about input volume, and all of my albums are not the same quality. The JK premium didn't seem to mind this as much, but this system is def better than my 12 JKU. Bass hits!

I’m happy to hear you like the premium system, my current JKU has the base system and going into it I knew it would suck, it actually sucks worse then suck, I really like music and my other cars have great sound systems, I was fine not having good sound in the wrangler for awhile ( I knew it wouldn’t be great going in, but also didn’t like the old sub placement) but it has worn on me so I ordered the works this time figuring it has to be a mega improvement.
Sponsored