Sound bar removal

Weiszeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I'd assume that as long as the total ohm load would be the same as stock, it should work cause the amp would be tricked into thinking you have the stock Alpine speakers. However, adding even more speakers to the crappy OEM amp isn't nearly as good an idea as just biting the bullet and adding an aftermarket amp like the one that comes with the more expensive versions of the MB Quart kit.
Thanks for the help. So I’m still not sure I’m getting full sound out of the 6x9s on the 4” wires even after adding tweeters to the 3.5”. Still the stock 4” woofers have more bass than the 6x9s…which shouldn’t. I may tear it apart again and splice them together next weekend.
I’ll keep you informed. Thanks again.
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Thanks for the help. So I’m still not sure I’m getting full sound out of the 6x9s on the 4” wires even after adding tweeters to the 3.5”. Still the stock 4” woofers have more bass than the 6x9s…which shouldn’t. I may tear it apart again and splice them together next weekend.
I’ll keep you informed. Thanks again.
You might want to pull the radio fuse to see if resetting it will change the signal. Also, see whether changing the connection to the 6x9s between the 3.5" and the 4" makes a difference. I tried splicing both connections to the 6x9s and got nothing but horrible clipping.