Sound bar removal

RedundanT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Does the top need to be off/down for the sound bar to come off ? Have some 6x9's and MB Quart adapters coming.

Advertisement

OP
RedundanT

RedundanT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Another stupid question, is the dash speaker connector the same as the roll bar speakers?

jludave

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Another stupid question, is the dash speaker connector the same as the roll bar speakers?
The smaller speakers are the same connector.

The larger speakers are the same connector, but are slightly larger than the smaller ones.

OP
RedundanT

RedundanT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Got the MB Quart adaptors installed today with some Infinity Reference 9632's and greeted with warm shit. Muffled garbage using the MB Quart speaker adaptor, not sure but looks like they are right polarity. Disconnected the batteries hoping to reset the system, but still garbage. Should I use the "tweeter" connector instead of the "midrange" that was supplied?

AnebuR

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Got the MB Quart adaptors installed today with some Infinity Reference 9632's and greeted with warm shit. Muffled garbage using the MB Quart speaker adaptor, not sure but looks like they are right polarity. Disconnected the batteries hoping to reset the system, but still garbage. Should I use the "tweeter" connector instead of the "midrange" that was supplied?
MB quart recently updated their amp-less kit to also include an adapter that utilizes both the stock tweeter and mid-range wires in the sound bar. Contact them and they'll send you the extra adapter for free. Otherwise, you'd have to splice the tweeter and mid-range wires together to get the full signal range.

OP
RedundanT

RedundanT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Update. I contacted MB Quart(great customer service by the way) and explained the problem. Within a few days I had a new adaptor in my mailbox. The adaptor sent was a "small" connector speaker adaptor like the Metra 72-7902 that were included from Crutchfield with my dash replacements. I now have volume and range from the Infinity Reference REF-9632ix that I installed in the roll bar. I mis-matched the Kicker dash replacements with the Infinity's due to the fact the 3032's are/were out of stock. With a little fiddling in the EQ settings the sound is better/fuller than with the pathetic stock speakers. The sound is good enough that I can hold off on a full system until a few other mods are done. BUT, if volume is what you are after save for a full amped system. I'll probably go with the AudioControl D-5.1300 and some component 6.5" in pods for the dash at that time.

Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement