Sponsored

Sound bar removal

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Does the top need to be off/down for the sound bar to come off ? Have some 6x9's and MB Quart adapters coming.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedundanT

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Another stupid question, is the dash speaker connector the same as the roll bar speakers?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Another stupid question, is the dash speaker connector the same as the roll bar speakers?
The smaller speakers are the same connector.

The larger speakers are the same connector, but are slightly larger than the smaller ones.

OP
OP
RedundanT

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Got the MB Quart adaptors installed today with some Infinity Reference 9632's and greeted with warm shit. Muffled garbage using the MB Quart speaker adaptor, not sure but looks like they are right polarity. Disconnected the batteries hoping to reset the system, but still garbage. Should I use the "tweeter" connector instead of the "midrange" that was supplied?

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Got the MB Quart adaptors installed today with some Infinity Reference 9632's and greeted with warm shit. Muffled garbage using the MB Quart speaker adaptor, not sure but looks like they are right polarity. Disconnected the batteries hoping to reset the system, but still garbage. Should I use the "tweeter" connector instead of the "midrange" that was supplied?
MB quart recently updated their amp-less kit to also include an adapter that utilizes both the stock tweeter and mid-range wires in the sound bar. Contact them and they'll send you the extra adapter for free. Otherwise, you'd have to splice the tweeter and mid-range wires together to get the full signal range.

OP
OP
RedundanT

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Update. I contacted MB Quart(great customer service by the way) and explained the problem. Within a few days I had a new adaptor in my mailbox. The adaptor sent was a "small" connector speaker adaptor like the Metra 72-7902 that were included from Crutchfield with my dash replacements. I now have volume and range from the Infinity Reference REF-9632ix that I installed in the roll bar. I mis-matched the Kicker dash replacements with the Infinity's due to the fact the 3032's are/were out of stock. With a little fiddling in the EQ settings the sound is better/fuller than with the pathetic stock speakers. The sound is good enough that I can hold off on a full system until a few other mods are done. BUT, if volume is what you are after save for a full amped system. I'll probably go with the AudioControl D-5.1300 and some component 6.5" in pods for the dash at that time.

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
MB quart recently updated their amp-less kit to also include an adapter that utilizes both the stock tweeter and mid-range wires in the sound bar. Contact them and they'll send you the extra adapter for free. Otherwise, you'd have to splice the tweeter and mid-range wires together to get the full signal range.
I ordered MB Quart 6x9s from Crutchfield and the volume and bass are lacking. I contacted them about getting a 3.5 harness and the tech stated the same signal is sent thru each of the 3.5 and 4 wires and that it would only make a difference if I had the Alpine amp. I really don't want to splice the wires. How much are the 3.5 harnesses?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I ordered MB Quart 6x9s from Crutchfield and the volume and bass are lacking. I contacted them about getting a 3.5 harness and the tech stated the same signal is sent thru each of the 3.5 and 4 wires and that it would only make a difference if I had the Alpine amp. I really don't want to splice the wires. How much are the 3.5 harnesses?
This is correct, on the base system both the 3.5" and 4" speakers are fed by the same 2 wires. It sounds like it's out of phase, try reversing the adapter wires.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't realize it was different for the non-Alpine, since the Alpine is what I have. What they did say is that when they first tested their system in a Jeep, it wasn't with the Alpine system. Not sure if they ever got around with testing their non-amplified kit in a Jeep with Alpine, but I haven't heard of any revisions from them. They did send the new adapter for free, when I emailed them and brought up the issue. BTW, based on other people's experience, only the 3.5" wires work properly. Found nothing but clipping when connecting the 4" instead, again to point out, with the Alpine system.

Sponsored

Weiszeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Good morning! So you found the best thing was to use the wires from the 3.5, not the 4? Or splice them together? I have the same kit and same issue…better bass and sound from the 4” factory in front than the 6x9s I bought.

Didn't realize it was different for the non-Alpine, since the Alpine is what I have. What they did say is that when they first tested their system in a Jeep, it wasn't with the Alpine system. Not sure if they ever got around with testing their non-amplified kit in a Jeep with Alpine, but I haven't heard of any revisions from them. They did send the new adapter for free, when I emailed them and brought up the issue. BTW, based on other people's experience, only the 3.5" wires work properly. Found nothing but clipping when connecting the 4" instead, again to point out, with the Alpine system.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good morning! So you found the best thing was to use the wires from the 3.5, not the 4? Or splice them together? I have the same kit and same issue…better bass and sound from the 4” factory in front than the 6x9s I bought.
Supposedly, once you connect ONLY to the 3.5", the next time the radio is rebooted, the amp will output the full range signal to that connection when it senses that the 4" speakers are not there.

Weiszeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Supposedly, once you connect ONLY to the 3.5", the next time the radio is rebooted, the amp will output the full range signal to that connection when it senses that the 4" speakers are not there.
would the same happen if I added an additional set of say tweeters at the 3.5 terminal then? Basically the system is sensing only one set and not on the 3.5 therefore it doesn’t send full signal.

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Yes, I received the 3.5 harness from MB Quart and installed last night. Worked great! Much fuller sound. I can actually hear my sound bar along with the front speakers.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
would the same happen if I added an additional set of say tweeters at the 3.5 terminal then? Basically the system is sensing only one set and not on the 3.5 therefore it doesn’t send full signal.
I'd assume that as long as the total ohm load would be the same as stock, it should work cause the amp would be tricked into thinking you have the stock Alpine speakers. However, adding even more speakers to the crappy OEM amp isn't nearly as good an idea as just biting the bullet and adding an aftermarket amp like the one that comes with the more expensive versions of the MB Quart kit.
Sponsored