Sold My 4xe

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Good luck. What are you buying to replace it?

OP
OP

McStatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Bought a X3M. I had a Model X Perf before my 4xe and I missed having a quick car that my wife didn't know was so quick.

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Be careful of the car jackings in your area

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bought a X3M. I had a Model X Perf before my 4xe and I missed having a quick car that my wife didn't know was so quick.
We sold our Model Y Performance and waiting our 4XE. Did you find that you missed the simplicity of Tesla or was it a releaf to have buttons again?

Sponsored

OP
OP

McStatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I was actually planning on trading in the 4xe for a Model Y Perf but can't get one! I also grew tired of waiting so I have my MYP order out there but will likely wait to take delivery once Biden pushes through the next round of EV tax credits so I can take BigGreen's money.

I very much enjoyed the 4xe but my wife hated it and wouldn't drive it because she thought it was too dangerous (not staying in center of lane, brakes suck, etc.). My biggest gripe was the wind noise with the 1-touch roof. I do a lot of phone calls from the road for work and found myself yelling during a phone call anytime I was going over 40mph. The tech in the 4xe is no where near the Tesla but Carplay solves most of that issue for me.

Do I regret selling my Tesla? A little. But the Jeep was a ton of fun in the summer and I even made a little money in the process, so no real regrets. I'll likely get another EV in 2022 depending on when my Model X Plaid or Rivian are finally ready.

clickclickboom

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392, BMW X3M Comp, Audi S4, KTM Superduke
My wife drives an X3M Competition. First thing to do is change the tires from 255/265 to 265/295's.

OP
OP

McStatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
My wife drives an X3M Competition. First thing to do is change the tires from 255/265 to 265/295's.
Good to know! Feels pretty damn grippy and planted already, but that's probably because I'm coming from a Wrangler!

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Just got rid of my 21’ Rubi 2dr as well. However, my situation was a little “different.” Can’t go into details, but got back exactly what I paid for it. Hopefully, no more folks at Dana will be “sleeping on the job.”

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Keep us posted. I'm under the impression that the Y/3 will be quite a different experience compared to the X/S.

Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Keep us posted. I'm under the impression that the Y/3 will be quite a different experience compared to the X/S.
my model Y was an absolute disaster and Tesla’s horrific customer service made the experience even worse

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 4xe; 2020 JTR
I have a 4xe and a model 3 and I find that there is little to no comparison between them. I can’t imagine ever cross shopping even the model y with the 4xe.

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Those who draw up comparisons between Jeeps and Bimmers, or Teslas, or....., and then rail on one or the other....it's like comparing apples and haggis. Sure, you can eat them both, but why would you want to?
Sponsored