Selling my 4xe

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm just jumping in here so I don't know what was already said, Most Jeepers are in the Tread Lightly program which gets you 1% below invoice and yes the 4xe qualifies for it. Plus FCA dealers (not local dealers) are still offering up to 5% below invoice. Also most people qualify for other discounts and rebates. Like Military, First Responders which includes all law enforcement jobs, EMTs, Firefighters, Nurses +more. The Friends and Family discount which is 1% below invoice. And of course the $7500 Tax Credit. Some dealer have the $2000 dealer discount if you order a 2022.
Our dealer here in WA state says the best they can offer is $1000 below MSRP (not invoice). So, it depends on the area. They used to sell at about 5% below invoice, but not anymore due to shortage.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hoopster3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Here's my final update:

Traded in the 4xE to a dealer yesterday after having it listed for a few months on a couple different sites. I received lots of interest, but no offers. I continued trying all the online car buying sites, but couldn't get above ~$58k.

Yesterday I got an offer for $58.5k from a brick and mortar dealer. In Iowa you only pay the tax difference between the new vehicle price minus the trade in credit. While $58.5k is close to previous offers it was worth another $3k when trading in due to the trade in tax credit.

Between the EV tax credit, trade in value and rebates going on I came out well ahead. Now the proud owner of 2022 Chevy Silverado 6.2 V8...just in time for gas prices to skyrocket.

Who knows, I might be back at some point in the future.

Reactions: KNN