Soft top window storage bag

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Im going to have to order this from a dealer in the states. local dealer here has it listed at like $259 CDN. thats $43 or so more than converted value
Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Im going to have to order this from a dealer in the states. local dealer here has it listed at like $259 CDN. thats $43 or so more than converted value
Bought my Rubi over a month ago and dealer is still waiting for the soft top window bag to show up! They keep texting me that the factory still won't send to dealer...…….FYI, it was on my window sticker....but not with Jeep when I took delivery?????

Hound Dog Lew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 door manual transmission
ya heard its on back order. will just have to order and wait it out
I ordered mine from MoparOnlineParts.com a few weeks ago. It shipped yesterday and I expect to have it tomorrow.

edavis10

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL
I got the smittybuilt bag on amazon for $62. Fits my 2-doors windows nicely. Not much room left for storage though...

Do you have a part # I went to Amazon and they did not list a bag for a JL Thanks

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Here is what I did and IMO a way better solution than the Mopar bag that takes up too much of the cargo area as it has to stand up and bend in a U shape

My JLU Sahara came with no soft top just the hard-top, so I found a member here on the forum with a Soft Top for sale and just purchased it. Now I am in Washington and will not even install the soft top until next April/May. Storing the top and frame itself is easy on the wall of the Garage, however the windows are a bigger challenge. In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing. You could also use a swim noodle (could not find any this time of year)

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up. What is nice compared to the Mopar bag is this one lays down and fits the cargo area perfectly whereas the Mopar bag has to stand and then bend in a U-Shape. Also since I just purchased the Diabolical Slipstream Cargo enclosure this bag will fit perfectly inside that locked enclosure.

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ??? This is the best bargain so far for my JL

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I got the smittybuilt bag on amazon for $62. Fits my 2-doors windows nicely. Not much room left for storage though...

IMG_0957.JPG
Do you have a link for that window bag??

I have the factory one that came with the Jeep, and it is a pain in the butt!!!

That one looks like the windows go in a lot easier!!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

SCzar

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
Has anyone tried using the Quadratec Softtop Storage Hangar?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone tried using the Quadratec Softtop Storage Hangar?

NO, waste of $$$ go to Home depot or walmart and buy two garage hooks for $10 and hang your soft top up on the wall then zip tie the hardware together and also hang them on the hooks along with the $50 bag you store your windows in. You do not want to store your windows exposed as with the Quadratec system

are-essentials-garage-storage-hooks-852163-64_1000.jpg

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
So the windows don't roll up like the ones on JK do?
Hi Frankie-

the windows in the JL Wrangler do not roll up... NONE OF THEM!!
So if you used to just flip the top open and roll the back window up,,, Not any more....
I am so mad...

the only options are either to take them out or leave them in....
The other issue is if you take just the rear window out, you need to make sure it doesn’t blow out!!
So what I do is leave the cross bar on the bottom of the window on it so it has weight.
I will say.. The JL is nice in many ways, but other ways it can be very frustrating.....

SCzar

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
You do not want to store your windows exposed as with the Quadratec system
Why not hang the windows? I will be putting it in my basement. I also don't want to store the top bunched up and creased across some hooks. Too much chance for pinching fabric that can create a weak point later. with hanging it from the brackets on the Quadratec system the weight is distributed evenly with no pinching. My soft top did not come with a bag to store the windows in.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Why not hang the windows? I will be putting it in my basement. I also don't want to store the top bunched up and creased across some hooks. Too much chance for pinching fabric that can create a weak point later. with hanging it from the brackets on the Quadratec system the weight is distributed evenly with no pinching. My soft top did not come with a bag to store the windows in.

You should hang the windows in a bag so they do not collect dirt. And they should not be stored where they can touch each other as that would cause scratching over time. . Spend $50 on a bag as replacement windows are very expensive. If you hang the soft top on hooks it is resting on the frame of the top it has NO impact to the fabric. If you are worried about that then you should never put your top down when on the Wrangler. Also when you received your top there was a cover over the fabric you could also re-use that when you store the top. You can also buy a $2 foam noodle and slop over your wall hooks to add padding if you are concerned about the non-issue fabric.
Sponsored