Soft top storage

timjack

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Unlimited Sport
Anyone have some ideas for storing a soft top? I purchased it used this spring but northeast Ohio weather stinks and want to put my hardtop back on. Please share any ideas or diy’s.
Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Anyone have some ideas for storing a soft top? I purchased it used this spring but northeast Ohio weather stinks and want to put my hardtop back on. Please share any ideas or diy’s.
I have the TopLift Pro, which also works great for storing the soft top all folded up, along with all the parts, when my hard top is on the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top storage IMG_8614

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'm assuming you ordered the Dual top package.

Do you still have the large width/depth but skinny box the soft top windows came in. It's great for storing those windows during the winter. I'd Plexus those windows prior to storage regardless.

https://www.amazon.com/Plexus-20214...child=1&keywords=plexus&qid=1596729540&sr=8-2

I'm sure the forum has threads on this as well as the well known vendors products--much as I hear your call for a DIY solution perhaps to save $.

Where is the hard top being stored right now? Wouldn'y that space be more than adequate for the soft top when you do the swap.

Tell us more about what garage space you might have if any. Is there room near the ceiling for a storage platform on pulleys? Do you have wall space (and side clearance, and beams) to hang hardware to hand the soft top on?

By the way, IMHO the best place to store a hard top is under a bed ;) https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hardtop-summer-storage.44894/post-988854

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I have the TopLift Pro, which also works great for storing the soft top all folded up, along with all the parts, when my hard top is on the Jeep.

Creative repurposing Dave. Hadn't thought of that. You should send that picture to the TopLift Pros people.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara

Funny you should post that. I was just thinking about doing the same thing this winter with mine. Last winter I stored the soft top in my shed along with the partially disassembled Top Lift Pro. Although I was looking at the storage hanger that Quadratec sells for the soft top.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
How much room above the hooks do you need for the soft top to fit?
I measured mine, folded up similarly with the factory cover around it and in the configuration of the picture above I would allow for no less than 12" from the top of the ceiling to where the hooks are.

12" seemed to be the closest measurement to the "tube's diameter" that resides above the hooks in the above picture. I would not make it less.

I FWIW do not store it this way, instead on a shelf--but I can't see the measurement you need changing as a result. :)

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander, 2014 HD Road King

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top storage 50201171377_3fc3df9b0d_c
That's exactly what I do. In the summer, my hardtop stays on top, and the freedom panels are in a storage bag, which lays on the bottom of the TLP perfectly. I string a bungee cord across the frame, and hang my mirrors (for when I take the doors off) from that!
Sponsored