Soft top storage - long term

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
So, according to the dealer, my Jeep should be here by Friday. I've seen photos of a massive box in the back for the soft top. Our seasons are backwards here in Phoenix, so I will likely switch to the soft top in the Fall. I'm trying to figure out what I should do for storage during the summer. I was thinking maybe hang it on the wall...

First Jeep, so any suggestions appreciated.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
...and in that massive box lies another massive box on 2 of its 3 dimensions.

To point, laid on the floor, the box inside the big box it takes up a large footprint but isn't very tall.

Your windows come in that. I suggest you save it to store the windows in seasons when your soft top is not in use, especially if you don't intend on buying the softtop storage bag, which just today people are finding FCA suggesting early August delivery on.

Put the soft top when off season in its protective Velcro case it came in and consider hanging it on a wall if you can.

Oh, and get this stuff of Besttop's product, for the top https://www.amazon.com/303-Fabric-U...D=4126wQ%2BMPRL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch and this for the windows: https://www.amazon.com/Plexus-Plast...701410&sr=1-1&keywords=plastic+window+cleaner

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
I built a ceiling lift for my hardtop so I am just planning to put everything on top of that when I switch back to the hardtop. As was mentioned the top comes in a bag so I will use that for cover and I did save the window box for now because who knows about that window bag ... though excited to see that someone actually got theirs with their Jeep this week and it showed up for preorder on a site so who knows.

OP
OP

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I'm definitely planning to buy a hoist for the hardtop. What sucks is knowing I'm moving in less than a year. I appreciate the help, I have a much better idea what to do with the soft top now.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm definitely planning to buy a hoist for the hardtop. What sucks is knowing I'm moving in less than a year. I appreciate the help, I have a much better idea what to do with the soft top now.
If your moving soon why not get a hoist for the hard top that also stores it: like the Top Lift Pro or the Freedom Jack?

Sponsored

emart45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
...and in that massive box lies another massive box on 2 of its 3 dimensions.

To point, laid on the floor, the box inside the big box it takes up a large footprint but isn't very tall.

Your windows come in that. I suggest you save it to store the windows in seasons when your soft top is not in use, especially if you don't intend on buying the softtop storage bag, which just today people are finding FCA suggesting early August delivery on.

Put the soft top when off season in its protective Velcro case it came in and consider hanging it on a wall if you can.

Oh, and get this stuff of Besttop's product, for the top https://www.amazon.com/303-Fabric-Upholstery-Protector-Repellent/dp/B00JG3OHVK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1531701354&sr=8-7&keywords=303&dpID=4126wQ%2BMPRL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch and this for the windows: https://www.amazon.com/Plexus-Plast...701410&sr=1-1&keywords=plastic+window+cleaner
What is the "protective velco case" you speak of? I didn't get one included with mine?

OP
OP

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
If your moving soon why not get a hoist for the hard top that also stores it: like the Top Lift Pro or the Freedom Jack?
The Top Lift looks nice, but I'm sorry, the price is too much for what it is. I had heard that people were using shop cranes as well, I'll look into it. I'll probably end up getting a hoist and moving it to my new place. So be it...

Plus the wife doesn't understand why I spent $1250 on Rubi rims and tires when the Jeep comes with it's own.
Sponsored