Sponsored

Soft to Hard

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Please consult a professional before making these decisions on your own. S2H can be linked sudden changes in the weather and studies have shown this can be corrected with constant warmer temperatures. While experiencing S2H symptoms may include but not limited to: drowsiness, slight depression, lack of adventures, loss of tan, presumed loss of machismo. To avoid long term injury, move to Arizona when S2H last longer than 6 months. Talk to your realtor today to see if avoiding S2H is right for you.

*happy couple drives off in topless Jeep*
well done !
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I feel really bad for those of you that take so long. I hope you still have it in you to go for a nice drive after putting in all that effort.

They say the scent of lavender helps to relax the mind. Might I suggest lighting some candles out in the garage?

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I’m going hard top either way. Winters in Wisconsin can be brutal. I’m not risking the soft top when we hit -30 and sleet. I’m just wondering how much of the soft top to remove, to be able to put the hard top on. I have to fit my 130 pound pup in the back, so I can’t just lay back the soft top and cover it with the hard top (if that’s even possible).

@Rahneld I feel I trust you more than anyone! Even though we don’t agree on everything...
@TaxPhan Peter : then here's two things we can agree on.

1) All of the soft top hardware must be removed baring two pieces that are optional: the metal brackets on each side of the Sports Bar that hold the soft top in place. They can come out, but need not come out, when the hard top is installed in place of the soft top.

2) Like you, I am no expert. I am human and I forget. That's why both of us are going to watch each or both of these videos twice each year before we switch tops:

Come winter you'll need to see these video "in your head in reverse;" forward in the Spring

: - )

Sponsored

jplusk

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
At the risk of going back on topic...are you guys using the Jeep tool kit for these swaps or using something electric?

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
At the risk of going back on topic...are you guys using the Jeep tool kit for these swaps or using something electric?
How dare you get back on topic, oh the nerve of some people!

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler jl 2 door firecracker red
Please consult a professional before making these decisions on your own. S2H can be linked sudden changes in the weather and studies have shown this can be corrected with constant warmer temperatures. While experiencing S2H symptoms may include but not limited to: drowsiness, slight depression, lack of adventures, loss of tan, presumed loss of machismo. To avoid long term injury, move to Arizona when S2H last longer than 6 months. Talk to your realtor today to see if avoiding S2H is right for you.

*happy couple drives off in topless Jeep*
Now that's funny.... !