Sponsored

So who is ordering the recon extreme

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I for sure would have waited to add this if it were going to be available on a 2 door. But it's not so I went ahead and ordered a new Rubi 2 door. Plus I like the 2.0T better and I don't think you can get the extreme with that engine.

I'll just build my own.
Considering the modifications I see no reason why they couldn't have added it. None of it is four door specific. It's too bad.

I do love the 2.0 engine. I know folks like the 3.6 and it's tried and true, but the 2.0 is awesome.
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
  • LT315/70R17C 113/110S Tires (TVC)
  • 110mph Vehicle Max Speed Calibration (JJ3)
  • Wheel Flare Extensions (NLA)
  • MOPAR Tire Relocation Kit (XFP)
  • 17x8.0 beadlock Capable Wheel (WFC)
  • MOPAR Jack Spacer (CXK)
  • 35" Tire Suspension (SDG)
  • MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement (XDB)
  • GVW Rating - 6100# (Z1M)
  • 4.56 Rear Axle Ratio (DMU)
In fairness, I don't really care about wheel flare extensions or jack spacer. Everything else I actually want.

Here's the difference of those items from a cost standpoint (for me) adding them after.

- $675 (hinge-gate reinforcement)
- $290 (spare relocation kit bracket)
- $2500 (gears done by reputable, dedicated driveline shop in PHX). Other shops do it for cheaper, but rather have a shop do it that does drive line all day, every day. I'd still do 4.56's, so no real gain here.
- $260 (wheel spacers to keep OEM wheels)
- $1000 (minimum delta to upgrade to 35" tires from OEM 33's after selling just the tires which won't fetch much without wheels).
- $219 (Tazer JL Lite to reprogram tire size)

So a total savings of about a grand vs buying after the fact, assuming I don't unlock my PCM and tune it to get the speed limiter raised, and forego the jack spacer and wheel flare extensions. I don't think I'd buy any of that, but that would obviously increase the cost and also void the warranty.

Ultimately if you're not a rock crawler, I don't think it's worth it as 3.73's will likely be just fine even with 35's for forest roads, highway, local roads, etc. For me, I want those gears as the t-case is not 4:1 and the wheels that come with it are wider, I like them, and thus don't even need spacers or to bring my own wheels entirely.
My comment was in comparison to what you don't get in the 392 package (as you already have it), that you do in the Rubi package, ie the suspension (essentially) and the brakes. Given that, why is the price the same??

Not denying why it may make sense for some (like me), particularly with the factory warranty. But based on what was asked by CpT - just slap some 35 tires on it and go drive that 392 bad boy ;)

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My comment was in comparison to what you don't get in the 392 package (as you already have it), that you do in the Rubi package, ie the suspension (essentially) and the brakes. Given that, why is the price the same??

Not denying why it may make sense for some (like me), particularly with the factory warranty. But based on what was asked by CpT - just slap some 35 tires on it and go drive that 392 bad boy ;)
100%. I don't think OP should buy the xtreme package. And I don't understand why the price is the same either. You should get some savings if adding it on a 392 IMO. Honestly though most of the "increase" in their cost could come from other factors unrelated to brakes/suspension and may have played in their decision. Either way, it doesn't paint well.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Ordered JLUR with Xtreme Recon Pkg on 6/28. Now we wait...
Sirdapper. Did your dealer have any idea if they are actually starting production on ER in August or not? I've had my JLUR build quoted but the dealer hasn't gotten back to me on the actual ordering. I'm wanting to add it. I can wait on an August production but I'm afraid it will be a Gorilla Glass, 4XE deal and it will be delayed forever. I know. No way of knowing. Totally worth the extra cost for me. Just worried production won't start in August like they say. Guess I'll roll the dice.

Sponsored

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Does anyone know what the wheel flare extensions will look like? Lol this is reminding me of like a Corvette widebody which is essentially just extended fenders.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what the wheel flare extensions will look like? Lol this is reminding me of like a Corvette widebody which is essentially just extended fenders.
Jeep Wrangler JL So who is ordering the recon extreme AECAAABE-5436-4EBB-A69D-268B0DB68E5B

Oh and need to mention. They are riveted on. Not a remove and reinstall without new hardware

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL So who is ordering the recon extreme AECAAABE-5436-4EBB-A69D-268B0DB68E5B

Oh and need to mention. They are riveted on. Not a remove and reinstall without new hardware
Hmm not sure how those will look on painted fenders but I'll reserve judgement till I see it in person on mine hopefully sometime before I die. Lol

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
AECAAABE-5436-4EBB-A69D-268B0DB68E5B.jpeg

are you sure, I thought these were the flare extensions?

really though - riveted, I just assumed an immediate take off :(

Jeep Wrangler JL So who is ordering the recon extreme 61RP3KG2dRL._AC_SL1024_

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
are you sure, I thought these were the flare extensions?

really though - riveted, I just assumed an immediate take off :(

Jeep Wrangler JL So who is ordering the recon extreme 61RP3KG2dRL._AC_SL1024_
Not according to the wrangler product team on FB

Sponsored

SirDapperDom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Wrangler Sport, 1990 240sx Hatch
Sirdapper. Did your dealer have any idea if they are actually starting production on ER in August or not? I've had my JLUR build quoted but the dealer hasn't gotten back to me on the actual ordering. I'm wanting to add it. I can wait on an August production but I'm afraid it will be a Gorilla Glass, 4XE deal and it will be delayed forever. I know. No way of knowing. Totally worth the extra cost for me. Just worried production won't start in August like they say. Guess I'll roll the dice.
Great question and I'm not sure, I just shot over an email to my dealer. I have GGlass on my order too so hopefully it won't take too long.

XReconPkg is only available on Rubicon and 392 models at this time. No 4XE.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Great question and I'm not sure, I just shot over an email to my dealer. I have GGlass on my order too so hopefully it won't take too long.

XReconPkg is only available on Rubicon and 392 models at this time. No 4XE.
Right, I'm ordering Rubicon. I was just hoping the Extreme Recon doesn't turn into the delays the 4XE guys have been seeing and also the Gorilla Glass guys. Guess I shouldn't worry about it until Gupton gets back with me so I can order. I'm ready. No big having to wait. They aren't starting Extremes until August but after the press event on the 12th there's gonna be a mad rush to order. Need my order in before that but then again..... We know Jeep doesn't build in the order our orders are received. :)

SirDapperDom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Wrangler Sport, 1990 240sx Hatch
Right, I'm ordering Rubicon. I was just hoping the Extreme Recon doesn't turn into the delays the 4XE guys have been seeing and also the Gorilla Glass guys. Guess I shouldn't worry about it until Gupton gets back with me so I can order. I'm ready. No big having to wait. They aren't starting Extremes until August but after the press event on the 12th there's gonna be a mad rush to order. Need my order in before that but then again..... We know Jeep doesn't build in the order our orders are received. :)
Update from my dealer: "I believe they are starting asap bc I received an order from the factory to be built & they pulled for scheduling yours and a couple other customers"

WHOO

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update from my dealer: "I believe they are starting asap bc I received an order from the factory to be built & they pulled for scheduling yours and a couple other customers"

WHOO
good news !!!

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
  • LT315/70R17C 113/110S Tires (TVC)
  • 110mph Vehicle Max Speed Calibration (JJ3)
  • Wheel Flare Extensions (NLA)
  • MOPAR Tire Relocation Kit (XFP)
  • 17x8.0 beadlock Capable Wheel (WFC)
  • MOPAR Jack Spacer (CXK)
  • 35" Tire Suspension (SDG)
  • MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement (XDB)
  • GVW Rating - 6100# (Z1M)
  • 4.56 Rear Axle Ratio (DMU)
In fairness, I don't really care about wheel flare extensions or jack spacer. Everything else I actually want.

Here's the difference of those items from a cost standpoint (for me) adding them after.

- $675 (hinge-gate reinforcement)
- $290 (spare relocation kit bracket)
- $2500 (gears done by reputable, dedicated driveline shop in PHX). Other shops do it for cheaper, but rather have a shop do it that does drive line all day, every day. I'd still do 4.56's, so no real gain here.
- $260 (wheel spacers to keep OEM wheels)
- $1000 (minimum delta to upgrade to 35" tires from OEM 33's after selling just the tires which won't fetch much without wheels).
- $219 (Tazer JL Lite to reprogram tire size)

So a total savings of about a grand vs buying after the fact, assuming I don't unlock my PCM and tune it to get the speed limiter raised, and forego the jack spacer and wheel flare extensions. I don't think I'd buy any of that, but that would obviously increase the cost and also void the warranty.

Ultimately if you're not a rock crawler, I don't think it's worth it as 3.73's will likely be just fine even with 35's for forest roads, highway, local roads, etc. For me, I want those gears as the t-case is not 4:1 and the wheels that come with it are wider, I like them, and thus don't even need spacers or to bring my own wheels entirely.
Thanks for the list! I'd only be interested in having the 4.56 gearing from the factory, but this looks like a good package for people who want to do a little wheeling and like having a stock looking vehicle!
Sponsored