Sponsored

Has anyone or will anyone be ordering the Recon?

Baker6869

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Any word on when they will start building the new Recons? How about any date they will start producing the Sarge Green JL. I know both are available for ordering, just curious if anyone knows when the will actually build these. Thanks.
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I’m curious about the Recon. Do we know when it’s available? My Rubi is being bought back and if I want the e-torque engine, the Recon is the way to go.

I’m not big on the black grille, but do like the dash and red seatbelts.

I would also like to see the rails in person. Are they more of a step or are they a proper rock rail with a step?

OP
OP
Baker6869

Baker6869

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m curious about the Recon. Do we know when it’s available? My Rubi is being bought back and if I want the e-torque engine, the Recon is the way to go.

I would also like to see the rails in person. Are they more of a step or are they a proper rock rail with a step?
What color of Recon are you interested in? I love the red but I am excited to see what the Sarge Green will look like.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
What color of Recon are you interested in? I love the red but I am excited to see what the Sarge Green will look like.
For me, there’s only one color: Punk’n Metallic. My next Jeep will be the same color.

IMG_6659-2-X3.jpg

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I am also eyeing the Recon..does anyone know how much will it be to replace the black grill with a red one?

You can see the rails in jeep configurator with a Sahara and adding the optional $975 rail...I believe it is the same

Any words of wisdom on the MT vs the KO2 tires?

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
For those who want the turbo 2.0 and were ordering a Rubi anyway, the Recon package overall is a great value. I like the dash inserts (I just received leather w/red stitching bezels and will install with my audio upgrade) and the rock rails are what should be standard on Rubi's to begin with...I had planned on going with aftermarket rock rail/steps but not happy with 'aftermarket fit/finish'- wanted 'OEM' quality fit/finish so installed the Recon style rock rails Friday evening and love them! What seems odd however is I do not see the cold weather package (heated seats and steering wheel) listed either as standard nor as an option-last time I looked at least. Steel bumpers and the hinge/gate reinforcement are also nice but should have a choice of tires-not just MT's. Anyway, I love my 3.6 Bikini JLR and the only thing that could make me want to trade...a Hemi option!!

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Did you buy the Recon leather w/red stitching bezels or aftermarket? How much was it and what was the part no.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Did you buy the Recon leather w/red stitching bezels or aftermarket? How much was it and what was the part no.

Ordered from Mopar wholesale online, 6AC2 61R3 AD and 6AC2 41R3 AA, about $350 for the pair. These were the ones first used on the Gladiator, not sure if they are the same as the Recon but they are leather and not aftermarket.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)

You might be able to arrange keeping the grill from your current JL and swapping it with the black from the replacement. Or just buy a black grill now to install on your Jeep before returning it.

OP
OP
Baker6869

Baker6869

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am also eyeing the Recon..does anyone know how much will it be to replace the black grill with a red one?

You can see the rails in jeep configurator with a Sahara and adding the optional $975 rail...I believe it is the same

I currently have the KO2 on my JL Rubicon. The are quite on the highway and do well off-road. The rails do look like they may be the same. Does anyone know if the are electric step sliders? I really can’t tell much from the pictures on the configurator.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
You might be able to arrange keeping the grill from your current JL and swapping it with the black from the replacement. Or just buy a black grill now to install on your Jeep before returning it.
They want mine as purchased when I turn it in. I’d love to swap the grilles if I get a Recon.

I’m researching the engines now.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
The rails do look like they may be the same. Does anyone know if the are electric step sliders? I really can’t tell much from the pictures on the configurator.
The rails are 100% the performance Rock Rails w/step assist (first used on the Moab). I have them on my Rubi now, and while they offer some step assistance, it's narrow and a bit awkward to get used to, as it's not really low enough. (But it is a true frame mounted slider, hence the cost.) Correction: It is NOT a frame mounted slider.

Last edited:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The rails are 100% the performance Rock Rails w/step assist (first used on the Moab). I have them on my Rubi now, and while they offer some step assistance, it's narrow and a bit awkward to get used to, as it's not really low enough. But it is a true frame mounted slider, hence the cost.
Thanks for that. We had the Rock Hard sliders on our JK and that was enough step for me. I like that they’re true sliders and that makes it more appealing.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

K02s are quiet on the road and highway and good in snow. MT usually are louder on roads. Not sure about snow.

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
K02s are quiet on the road and highway and good in snow. MT usually are louder on roads. Not sure about snow.
Thanks..Are the MT's less comfortable on highways compared to the KO2's
Sponsored