Sponsored

So, Sahara or Rubicon?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Not which to buy, but which do you think the PHEV will be designed for? Will it be a pacifica style MPG improver that’s worthless offroad, or will Jeep do something awesome with the amazing torque available from electric motors to make a rock crawling beast?
Sponsored

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
I think it will be available in all trims, will improve off pavement capability, and add about 32 miles of range. It could be an electric motor driving an input shaft in the transmission, they could turn the flywheel into an electric motor, attach a motor to an input shaft in the transfer case, have an electric motor in the rear axle like some of the other Jeeps, or one in each axle. Or even wheel hub motors for each wheel.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The spy shots were of a Rubicon, but I think it should be available across all trims.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I have a hard time believing they will do it on the Sport. Definitely Sahara. Maybe Rubicon.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The spy shots were of a Rubicon, but I think it should be available across all trims.
The images that I saw “looked” like a rubicon but the “rubicon” sticker wasn’t on the hood and I don’t recall seeing hood vents either.

This might be a “hybrid hybrid” —- Essentially a “new variant” that isn’t a Sahara nor a rubicon or a sport........??

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The images that I saw “looked” like a rubicon but the “rubicon” sticker wasn’t on the hood and I don’t recall seeing hood vents either.

This might be a “hybrid hybrid” —- Essentially a “new variant” that isn’t a Sahara nor a rubicon or a sport........??
I was looking at the high fenders and KO2 tires, so at the very least they're testing it out with the underlying mechanics of the Rubicon. The Stickers and hood "Vents" would be would be inconcequential on a pre-production test rig.
Sponsored