Sponsored

4xe Sahara Falken tires, SL or D load rating?

TheCarFather

First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Sahara
I'm looking into replacing the stock 20" tires on my 4xe Sahara with something that will look a little more aggressive, along with offer better winter performance. I think I've settled on the Falken Wildpeak AT3's in 275/60/20, but am not sure on which load rating to get. Looks like I have only 2 options in that tire, "C" or "SL". I'd prefer the best ride as possible as the Jeep will be my daily driver, but also want to make sure I get the correct tire for my application. Thank you for the advice!
Sponsored

OP
OP

TheCarFather

First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Sahara
Daily driver, mostly pavement miles. Rough winters with lots of snow. Some light off road but nothing remotely serious. Would like better snow and off road grip, and also welcome the more aggressive look. If I was serious about off road use I'd look into a smaller diameter wheel as well, but plan on sticking with the stock 20's.

EDIT: Looks like there is an "XL" load rating in that size as well to consider. I just want to make sure I get the proper spec'd tire.

RNLROCK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4XE Sahara
Take a look at the Falken Rubitrek. The 275/60/20 size comes in SL only.

According to Falken, the Rubitrek is an A/T tire with 3PMSF that is geared a little more for on-road than their WildPeaks.
RUBITREK A/T TIRE | Falken Tire

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
SL if your looking for a complaint ride. C will be slightly stiffer sidewall, barely.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
OP,

what is the size and load rating (and weight) of your current stock tires? I would go with the “same” load rating as stock but I would be careful with overall tire weight. I’m assuming that if you go with a significantly heavier tire, your electric range may be impacted enough to notice.

@legacy_etu answered your question regarding ride “quality”.

OP
OP

TheCarFather

First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Sahara
The Wrangler hasn't arrived yet, it's due in next week. I know we have many members that have already replaced the stock 4xe Sahara tires with an all terrain, so I was hoping they would chime in.

But it's looking like I should be fine with the SL or LT load rating.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe