Sponsored

Small accident

Jihx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Well, it finally happened.. was taking my daughter to the park and someone ran a red light. I tried to stop but wasn't able to, collided at probably 5 - 10mph.

Have the standard plastic bumper and it bent it back a bit, making it rub on the tire. Other than that, there appears to be no damage on my end. I plan to take it in and get it all checked out through insurance as I'm aware there can be unseen damage elsewhere.

Just curious if anyone has been in a similar situation, I do not want to lose this jeep and hope there isn't frame damage. Not sure how fast we'd have to collide for that to even happen. Either way, glad no one was hurt and it could be worse.

Maybe it's finally time for the aftermarket bumper :rock:

crash1.png

crash2.png

crash3.png

crash4.png
Sponsored

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Bumps like that usually damage brackets etc under the bumper - take it in, have them remove the bumper and make sure everything is straight - and of course all steering-drive-suspension components are as they should be. It's surprising what small "bumps" can do..

OP
OP
Jihx

Jihx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Bumps like that usually damage brackets etc under the bumper - take it in, have them remove the bumper and make sure everything is straight - and of course all steering-drive-suspension components are as they should be. It's surprising what small "bumps" can do..
Definitely plan to do that, was just hoping to gain some insight!

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
You'll likely be just fine. That looks like maybe a 5 MPH kiss.

Sponsored

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Agreed with the other posters so far. Having taken one of those plastic bumpers apart completely, I can confidently say that if you had been hit hard enough to damage your frame, that bumper would be unrecognizable. Odds are that this is just the metal skeleton of the bumper that did its job and absorbed the impact.

Interesting side note: This is a perfect example of an incident where a stubby bumper would have left you much worse off than even this plastic full width one. There are a lot of vulnerable bits back there, and unless you are an avid offroader, I'd suggest you look for another full width like this one for your next model.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Wish i could be so lucky. Got side swiped by an 18 wheeler (who didn't stop).
Going to need new fender and bumper and alot of inner parts, as it broke loose the side turn marker. But the driver will be glad i had a dash cam. Got ya you SOB.
Jeep Wrangler JL Small accident Fender

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I’m glad nobody was hurt in the accident. Bumpers can be replaced. Lives cannot.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
Get the front end alignment checked just to make sure, but you'll probably be fine. I'd be shocked if there's any other damage to your Jeep beyond what you see.

My daughter took a Volvo sedan to the front wheel at probably 30mph and there was minimal damage to the Jeep (tie rod, shock, geo bracket). It totaled the Volvo. Nobody was hurt either.

HK1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr sport 3.6etorq AT
Wish i could be so lucky. Got side swiped by an 18 wheeler (who didn't stop).
Going to need new fender and bumper and alot of inner parts, as it broke loose the side turn marker. But the driver will be glad i had a dash cam. Got ya you SOB.
Jeep Wrangler JL Small accident Fender
you sure embraced the 4xe scheme

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Glad to hear that everyone is ok. Free new bumper!

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td
Well, it finally happened.. was taking my daughter to the park and someone ran a red light. I tried to stop but wasn't able to, collided at probably 5 - 10mph.

Have the standard plastic bumper and it bent it back a bit, making it rub on the tire. Other than that, there appears to be no damage on my end. I plan to take it in and get it all checked out through insurance as I'm aware there can be unseen damage elsewhere.

Just curious if anyone has been in a similar situation, I do not want to lose this jeep and hope there isn't frame damage. Not sure how fast we'd have to collide for that to even happen. Either way, glad no one was hurt and it could be worse.

Maybe it's finally time for the aftermarket bumper :rock:
Did you hit the brakes hard enough to engage the anti-lock?