I went with sliders just in case I needed to do some sliding. 😉

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
If you offroad, steps can get hung up on rocks and trees and bend/break. I recommend sliders.

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
IMO, the "steps" offer by most sliders add no functional value, and only create an additonal ledge you have to clear when you get out. Unless you can get one with a step that is greater than 8 inches below the height of the sill, you would be better off not using anything.

I would stick to true sliders, or (better yet) the stock rubi rails. If you want fixed steps (i.e. not the automatic rockers), then I believe Poison Spyder and LOD Armor Lite offer removable steps in case you feel the need to slide at some point in the future.

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
You could have both with Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders. I haven't yet had the opportunity to try the slider aspect but the steps are great.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You could have both with Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders. I haven't yet had the opportunity to try the slider aspect but the steps are great.
a $2,000 that sees the most impacts. I also wonder how resistant to damage the automatic step release mechanism is.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
If you are doing serious off-roading, sliders. If you have a wife who complains that the Jeep is to hard to get in (like I do) steps.

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
If you are doing serious off-roading, sliders. If you have a wife who complains that the Jeep is to hard to get in (like I do) steps.
I put this on another thread too, but Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers with step kit may work for some people. It has the best of both world's....... if you are bold enough to remove main body bolts.

Here is the link w/ the step kit, its for a JK, but the step should bolt on to the JL version of the sliders also. (Confirm with poison spyder first).

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/poison-spyder-rocker-knocker-step-kit-19-08-050p1/_/R-FVNN-19-08-050P1

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
These are what I'm looking at getting, how do like them?
I haven’t been able to use them to much off road but what I have they are solid. They went on really easy (drilling one hole in the side of the frame wasn’t that bad) and they work great for my kids and wife as a step. I also like that they keep stuff from flying up the side of the Jeep. My main complaint would be that the step can be a bit slippery when I’m watching the Jeep.
for me it gave me frame mounted sliders and then a step to make my wife happy. Happy wife = more upgrades down the road ha!!