Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Good lord those a expensive, but probably worth it! Do you know of anything more reasonable?
EVO has a set but they are even more :surprised:

Rough Country will probably have a set, or even some control arm drop brackets with built in cam bolts(if you never plan on playing in the rocks.)

I know the RK arms are beefy as I've run them in the past. I'm not a fan of drop brackets and have no first hand experience with Rough Country's adjustable arms(their fixed arms were beefy in some JK kits)

My Skyjacker kit came with cam bolts that require you to cut into the lower control arm mounts (something I would never do on a Jeep since they hang so low and are prone to damage) Again, if you don't plan on playing in the rocks may be an inexpensive solution.

Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I Also performed a Wheel alignment. As I suspected the caster was off on the front. I could feel less directional stability. I need to increase it by a couple degrees on both sides. Who makes some really beefy adjustable control arms that are reasonably priced. I don’t think the skyjacker ones are available yet.

B4BE31DA-B046-43D0-9356-C92D1225B3E6.jpeg

25BBCF61-EB1C-4832-A708-AC4FB33823D4.jpeg

9972C711-C265-4AA3-A8D3-A3FDBE23A627.jpeg
Doesn’t look like caster moved much at all if your before numbers are good

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, I just found out that Rusty's has released their arms with a flex joint also. Interesting that it's the same price as the Clevites!

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-s...-lower-control-arms-w-forged-flex-end-jl.html
Nice that they give you a choice based on your preference. Both at a reasonable price.

I personally prefer the Dual Durometer style bushings at both ends, but few manufacturers offer them. When I sold my Metalcloak arms to a friend who had clevite/solid arms(Front and rear lower, stock uppers) he was amazed at the ride improvement over stock from just changing the control arms.

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Doesn’t look like caster moved much at all if your before numbers are good
The before numbers are after the lift was installed. I didn’t check it before the lift. I have nothing to adjust the caster with that is why I need the adjustable arms.

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Nice that they give you a choice based on your preference. Both at a reasonable price.

I personally prefer the Dual Durometer style bushings at both ends, but few manufacturers offer them. When I sold my Metalcloak arms to a friend who had clevite/solid arms(Front and rear lower, stock uppers) he was amazed at the ride improvement over stock from just changing the control arms.
There are so many options out there. I don’t plan on rock crawling but I definitely don’t want to cut my frame or drop the arms. The Rusty’s look like maybe the way to go. I will probably call skyjacker tomorrow and check on there set with front and rear arms they list them in the instructions as optional but they are not on their website. If they are not available I’ll get the Rusty’s. I want it ready for topless weekend in crystal beach!

Sponsored

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I went ahead and ordered the Rusty’s with flex joint. I’ll replace the rear arms later. I’ll let y’all know how they turn out and what kind of caster I get out of them.

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I went ahead and ordered the Rusty’s with flex joint. I’ll replace the rear arms later. I’ll let y’all know how they turn out and what kind of caster I get out of them.
Being adjustable, you can get whatever caster you want... I don't know what the baseline caster is going to be on the JL, but I'd shoot for 5.0 to 5.5.

Let's get some pictures up when you get them. Maybe you could start a new thread?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Well looks like it ended up 2.0 in the front and 2.25 in the back. It is level side to side
Thanks for following up! Mind shooting a side profile pic? What’s your rake look like now?

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Being adjustable, you can get whatever caster you want... I don't know what the baseline caster is going to be on the JL, but I'd shoot for 5.0 to 5.5.

Let's get some pictures up when you get them. Maybe you could start a new thread?
I would like to get 5.5 degrees the max recommended is 6.0. I will start a new thread and post pictures.