skyjacker lift questions

blakejordan

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4XE Rubicon
Currently have the 2.5 inch kit from skyjacker with the mono tubes that were a little extra then the black max shocks. just wondering if anyone has went further and upgraded the monotubes to fox shocks etc..? it rides smooth if the road is flat but once there's a dip or bump i get thrown all over the road and seems super soft , if i enter the vehicle (200lbs) the jeep almost looks like it leans to one side and squats super easily especially if the jeep has 4 people in it it drops like 2 inches literally lol any recommendations on upgrading shocks to improve ride quality and to make it less soft let me know!
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The sag would be the springs, not the shocks. Maybe try swapping in different springs.

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Sorry man, sky jacker makes shitty stuff. Haven’t seen an exception in 17 years of owning all models since 79’ and 5 years of working on them for a living.
Skyjacker moved from suspensions to lift kits when Jeep swapped to coil springs on the wrangler. That was technically 1996 (early tj).

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I recommend you get a Rubicon take-off suspension or the Mopar 2" lift kit.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
This is an old thread but has been re-upped so I will comment. Sag would be the springs, not the shocks.

That being said, I have the Skyjacker kit and can say this hasn't been my experience. I weigh 200 pounds and it doesn't sag at all when I get in. Even with heavy steal front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier, 40 inch spare, and side armor, the jeep sits higher than advertised.

My jeep gained 5 inches in front and 4.5 inches in the rear on their 4 inch kit.

As for quality, I wouldn't have considered a Skyjacker kit on a JK due to the funky bracketry. The JL is a different story. They ditched the funky brackets. The kit is solid and will be more than enough for the majority of jeepers.
Sponsored