Sky top to soft top??

C-mar847

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jlu rubicon
Does anyone know what’s needed to ditch the sky top for a soft top? Bought a used rubi with the sky top and I’m not a fan.
Is it possible?
Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, easy. Just need to buy a complete soft top. Then it’s just a matter of switching out all the hardware.

OP
OP

C-mar847

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jlu rubicon
Yes, easy. Just need to buy a complete soft top. Then it’s just a matter of switching out all the hardware.
Did you do it? Do I need to get rid of my upper trim piece for one for a soft or hard top?

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do it? Do I need to get rid of my upper trim piece for one for a soft or hard top?
No, never done it. But all Jeeps are compatible with all tops, as long as you have the parts.

Not sure what you mean by top trim piece

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
I would post in the market section and check if there isn't anyone that would like to trade a soft top for it. I have no clue if you can "upgrade" from softtop to Sky top but could be something to check as I'm sure some people may actually want to have the sky top but didn't at the time of purchase for whatever reason and could be a good swap option if feasable and reduce your cost too etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

C-mar847

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jlu rubicon
No, never done it. But all Jeeps are compatible with all tops, as long as you have the parts.

Not sure what you mean by top trim piece
I kind of figured they wouldn’t change much on a production vehicle.
The trim above my visors where the one touch buttons are and sos buttons etc, I was told it could be in the way of the latches for a soft top

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I kind of figured they wouldn’t change much on a production vehicle.
The trim above my visors where the one touch buttons are and sos buttons etc, I was told it could be in the way of the latches for a soft top
Oh right. Yeah that’s a good point. You can probably find someone that has a soft top that would rather have the one touch and you can do the swap to make sure all the parts needed can be swapped.

OP
OP

C-mar847

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jlu rubicon
I would post in the market section and check if there isn't anyone that would like to trade a soft top for it. I have no clue if you can "upgrade" from softtop to Sky top but could be something to check as I'm sure some people may actually want to have the sky top but didn't at the time of purchase for whatever reason and could be a good swap option if feasable and reduce your cost too etc.
Good call I will do that

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
There is a video on YouTube of a guy taking off his sky one touch. Oh here it is:

What color is your sky one touch? I’ve been wanting it in addition to my soft top but I don’t know how realistic and practical it may be. I’m in NJ.
Sponsored