Soft top to Power top AKA Sky one touch conversion

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

My willys comes with soft top from factory and i understand at least needs wiring for back window wiper.
Is there anyone who successful converted to SOT?
Open to hear your opinion.
Thanks
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Sadly, no, you cannot add an SOT to a soft top Jeep. I will physically fit but the Jeep will be missing all the wires needed to run the top. The kit to add wires for the wiper/defrost to a soft top only adds the wiring for those functions not the entire hardtop harness. I wont say it is impossible just not practical. Likely be easier to sell yours and get one with the SOT.

I have swapped theses tops around several times so, first-hand experience, take it for what it's worth.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
It’s a PITA, but doable. It’s just hard to track down all the parts.

good luck https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...y-one-touch-retractable-power-soft-top.10983/
It is possible, on a Hard Top Jeep, I've done it, twice. Its really not that hard, biggest pain is replacing the Windshield Molding that contains the switch above the rear view mirror. On a Soft Top Jeep all of the needed wiring to run the top is not present. I guess you could add them but I'm sure it would entail replacing the entire vehicle wire harness.

Gregj

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I can’t imagine the juice would be worth the squeeze. Even if you do all the labor yourself I’d bet the needed parts alone would be $$$$. Probably better off just selling yours and buying one with the top you want.

OP
OP

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t imagine the juice would be worth the squeeze. Even if you do all the labor yourself I’d bet the needed parts alone would be $$$$. Probably better off just selling yours and buying one with the top you want.
Thanks all. Its a no go then LOL
Sponsored