First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Have to wonder what removing the top would do the alignment of the power top? Finally, removing the top would, most likely, void your warranty in a heartbeat. And I'll bet there's some way they can tell you took the top off.
Hopefully the side rails are connected to each other at the windshield frame and not just two arms. You'd never get them to align correctly again - ever.

I have a feeling that the control panel for the power top that are above the rear view mirror is actually attached to the top and not the Jeep. Again assuming that it would be attached to a cross member between the side rails.

It's going to be delicate regardless. But at least we could swap it out if it sucks... unlike the poor Liberty owners in the past with the Sky roof.

Power connection? Has to be in the back corner as part of the standard hardtop pigtail. Motor(s) have to be in the roof itself. Just additional leads in the pigtail.
Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Does anyone think they will come up with an aftermarket removable rear window for this power top? If so I think it’s a slam dunk and would look awesome w some half doors.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Fixed roof, I see. The fixed roof Sahara is essentially a G wagon with less leather/luxury.
You also forgot the minus the factory options like the twin turbo V8 with side exhaust and 3 locking diffs. Also heaps more cred because it's a whole lot more exclusive. :)

Last edited:

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
Looks just like the old liberty top

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Its just a matter of time when it wil break and not work. to many electric moving parts

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Its just a matter of time when it wil break and not work. to many electric moving parts
Owning a convertible top implies you like water dribbling in on a frequent basis. Owning a powered top, of any brand, implies you will ultimately find where the convertible top shop is in your city.

Gemstoner

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GC Altitude Billet Silver, lowered
I
Nope. It’s actually a hard top with soft sliding panel in the top. Nothing will fit over it. The factory soft top fits under the hard top, but not this powered thing.
the JL soft top doesn’t NOT fit under the hardtop.
Both the soft top itself and the frame mounted hardware must be removed , carefully stored and re-installed each time you switch back n forth
That’s why dual top doesn’t work for me

I need Jeep top indecision therapy !

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Wouldn't driving with the side windows off and the tailgate windshield being shut cause a ton of drag??

And what about debre from the elements getting into the track...isnt that going to create issues?

Was going to wait for this but I opted out as I see a ton of issues with it...biggest being it's practically permanent so never really get to take the top off.

Just wondering thoughts on this...

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Wouldn't driving with the side windows off and the tailgate windshield being shut cause a ton of drag??

And what about debre from the elements getting into the track...isnt that going to create issues?

Was going to wait for this but I opted out as I see a ton of issues with it...biggest being it's practically permanent so never really get to take the top off.

Just wondering thoughts on this...
I always drive with my rear window lifted open ; I'm in a beach town .

Sponsored