Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ceramicarmory.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler three o five
Occupation
Professional Detailer
I have had several hard top, soft top, and one dual top JK. I just got a JLU with the SOT. Here are my thoughts.

I loved having a hard top for the easy access to the cargo area and the quiet with the top on and windows up. I always HATED the trouble of fooling with the freedom panels and the super annoying process of taking the whole top off.

The soft tops were great as they were pretty easy to put down. I liked the sunrider option from inside the jeep but hated the way it looked from the outside. Access to the cargo area was a PITA and they are loud, all the time, at all speeds. That coupled with the scratching and fogging windows made me go for the SOT this round.

As far as the SOT goes, its amazing. I would have never taken the freedom panels or soft top down on a day like today. It was alternating from sunny to stormy all day and the fact that I could just open and close it when it started raining was amazing. Its MUCH quieter than the soft top, easier to use (obviously), and you get hard glass.

I see no reason not to get one. The upgraded price is nothing compared to the convenience of the top.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I did a 101 class this past weekend with a guy with a Sting Grey with the SOT. It looked great. It's one option I miss not waiting for - was not available when I ordered.

I have a sun-rider which gets us some sun quickly and easily, but nowhere near the versatility of the SOT.

Now if only the doors could vanish with the push of a button :rock:

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I liked the idea, but was already pushing the limits of what I felt like spending on a new jeep when I bought my rubicon, so I didn't get it.

There's a lot of yucky tree goo around here. It's already bad enough with a painted hardtop. I can't imagine getting that gunk out of a canvas top!

However, if I parked it in the garage every night and didn't have to care about dirt, I'd probably have gone that route too! It looks so gosh darn convenient lol.

ugafan706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimted Rubicon v6 auto red skytouch top
I had a 2013 jk hardtop that i bought new. My wife has a new tahoe so the jeep is the "fun' vehicle. I sold my jeep to someone who inquired about it(it was built, a rich dad of a teenager bought it) so at the beginning of 2019 I ordered a new Rubicon. I went back and forth between dual top and the sky touch. The night before the order it was 100 percent dual top. Then when it came time to punch it in, i said no, sky touch it is.

It was a wise decision. Several people in my town has looked at mine and bought sky touch too. Its probably 90 percent of having the hardtop off of the Jk. But in saying that, I ve probably used the top at least(no joke) a couple hundred times. It looks like a hardtop when you re at the grocery store. You leave, top goes back and off you go. Ive had the back windows out probably 8 or 9 times, usually when i know its not going to rain for at least a week.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
The MyTop looks pretty cool, but its only a couple of hundred less than the one touch and it takes a lot of space when folded down. Can it be tied down so it isn't blocking rear vision?
No local insstallers either so to spend $3700+ and eat a warranty because it wasn't a certified install?? Nah, pass..
Have you checked their dealer installer locator? There's one near you
https://mytop.us/pages/dealer-installer#DealerLocator
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One Touch vs. Sunroof 1600064387729

I used this to find an installer 30 minutes away from me and it folds down as far as the 3rd brake light. It doesn't impede visibility and there's no need for any tie down straps like the factory soft top.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One Touch vs. Sunroof 1600064699125

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Have you checked their dealer installer locator? There's one near you
https://mytop.us/pages/dealer-installer#DealerLocator

I used this to find an installer 30 minutes away from me and it folds down as far as the 3rd brake light. It doesn't impede visibility and there's no need for any tie down straps like the factory soft top.

I almost got the My Top. Didn't have anyone in my area who had done it. I wanted to an example before I purchased. Yours looks awesome! I ended up with SOT which I love.
Sponsored