Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, as previously stated in my original post, I did complain to them and again, that was the only reason I eventually received my purchase on time. That was due to that complaint, not there stellar service. I know they are a sponsor, hence the post.

Understood. As other members have pointed out, it seems like a misunderstanding between vendor and manufacturer that still resulted in the completion of your order on time (you did your part as a consumer by holding them accountable and they followed through).

I was just suggesting you give the vendor an opportunity to answer your question before rushing to judgement. I’m sure your frustrations are valid and things can be improved on but claiming “bait and switch” or some kind of Ponzi scheme with customers’ orders is a bit sensational.

Regardless, I’m happy you’re enjoying the sliders and I hope you get better service next time.

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I ordered some door hangers from Extreme Terrain, the site said they would ship right out. 3 days later I received an email saying they were temporarily out of stock and it would be 2 to three weeks before they could ship. I immediately cancelled my order (for full credit back to my charge card) and ordered from Quadratec. They in fact shipped them right out. so I'm very happy with Q, and will probably never order again from ExtremeTerrain. Especially after all the comments in this thread!! Looks like that is their standard bjusiness model that keeps them from having any costly inventory. Fine, but as a customer, I don't want to wait, and I want to be able to count on my suppliers.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I ordered some door hangers from Extreme Terrain, the site said they would ship right out. 3 days later I received an email saying they were temporarily out of stock and it would be 2 to three weeks before they could ship. I immediately cancelled my order (for full credit back to my charge card) and ordered from Quadratec. They in fact shipped them right out. so I'm very happy with Q, and will probably never order again from ExtremeTerrain. Especially after all the comments in this thread!! Looks like that is their standard bjusiness model that keeps them from having any costly inventory. Fine, but as a customer, I don't want to wait, and I want to be able to count on my suppliers.
I only use Quadratec for probably 90% of what I put on my Jeeps. I email them and place my order directly. That way, if I'm ordering something I can also ask questions.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I don’t run an internet based business but understand both sides of this thread. Ideally if the vendor carries stock, they would list stock on hand on the listing. However, if it’s drop shipped from the manufacturer you’re relying on the manufacturer to fulfill your order in a timely manner. Secondly, if you say you have an item but maybe don’t, but think you could get it quick vs a company that for sure has it in stock which one will a potential customer buy from. It’s all a balancing act but communication and realistic delivery times would reduce ill feelings

Brett

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I don’t run an internet based business but understand both sides of this thread. Ideally if the vendor carries stock, they would list stock on hand on the listing. However, if it’s drop shipped from the manufacturer you’re relying on the manufacturer to fulfill your order in a timely manner. Secondly, if you say you have an item but maybe don’t, but think you could get it quick vs a company that for sure has it in stock which one will a potential customer buy from. It’s all a balancing act but communication and realistic delivery times would reduce ill feelings

Brett
Totally agree. It's a juggling act, especially for smaller companies who can't afford to bankroll a lot of inventory on hand, so they are at the mercy of their suppliers. Inventory and e-commerce systems are not always reliable as well, which causes problems the seller may not even be aware of until a customer complains. The good sellers will work hard to resolve issues and not be rude to customers but that goes both ways. Customers being rude or going ballistic on a seller doesn't help their cause.

I had a problem recently with a vendor on Amazon. Same vendor two times sent me the wrong item (cargo mats). The first time they sent a F-150 set instead of Jeep and the second time they sent one for leather seats instead of cloth, which came with the gap hider. Other than the pain of packing the items up and dropping off at UPS and waiting for the right item, Amazon and the vendor both handled the returns and refunds quickly and with ease. Simple things like that are all it takes to keep a customer happy.

I sort of feel for these sellers and manufacturers trying to keep up with the demand on JL stuff. It has to be incredibly frustrating for them as it is for consumers. Mass production of brand new product lines is not quick, easy, or cheap.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Perfect example of a seller who goes the extra mile for its customers.

Crypton1

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Hey fellow Jeep owners I recently purchased my JLU Rubicon in November 2018. I recently made my first aftermarket purchase of some Westin Snyper triple tube rock sliders from Extreme Terrain. I just tried to submit the following rating of this product and the seller Extreme Terrain, but the site wouldn't let me post it. Apparently because I wasn't nice to the seller? So I'm posting it here to provide my opinion on the product which I love and the seller which I lost all faith in. So here it is and I hope it might help my fellow Jeep owners in future purchases.

Anyone else have issues with the Seller Extreme Terrain?

"I originally ordered these rock sliders with the understanding they had a 2-3 week back order. About two weeks into the order, I contacted Extreme Terrain via there chat line to get an update on my order and shipment date. I was told at that time the order was now 3-4 weeks out before it would be shipped. I wasn't happy about this, but didn't complain at that time.

A week later I started looking at other sellers to see what they were selling my Westin Rock Sliders for and saw immediate shipping being offered? I checked the Extreme Terrain website and they also said ships in 2-3 days for the same product I was waiting for?

I re-contacted Extreme Terrain and asked for an update and they gave me a new shipping date of 8 weeks from my purchase date! I told them what they had posted on there website for the same part and their statement of "2-3 days shipping!" I told them this was "False Advertisement" because they were telling me 8 weeks to ship now!

The person I was chatting with explained there advertising people shouldn't have included the 2-3 days because that was incorrect and they would reach out to them to correct the problem. So now I'm pissed and after completing the chat, I submitted a scathing complaint to Extreme Terrain about there False Advertisement and Bait and Switch tactics...

Later that night I check my email and there is a notification from Extreme Terrain that my rock sliders had been shipped??? Imagine that....all of a sudden my additional 6-8 weeks became Today!

So this begs the question; Was there ever a backlog on this product or did they just ship me someone else's back logged order to appease the customer complaint? Now that guy gets the "sorry your shipment has been delayed" message.

So my opinion of Extreme Terrain is below a ONE STAR for their shady business dealings.

As for my Westin Snyper triple tube rock sliders, I rate them FIVE STARS! They are very well built and were pretty straightforward to install. I will back all posters about this being a two person job. I tried with a floor jack by myself for over an hour to install one slider, eventually calling in a buddy with a second floor jack to complete the install. Once he arrived, we had both in place within 45-60 minutes.

During the install we noted it was easier to just loosen the two body bolts instead of completely removing them as per the instructions. This allows you to slide the rock slider in between the body and bolt head without having to try and hold the complete unit up while re-threading the body bolts. This is much easier on your shoulders during the install.

I bought these rock sliders because they looked very sturdy and I saw a similar set up while wheeling and how well the tube slid off of rocks, deflecting from the jeeps body. I also needed a larger step platform than my original mopar sliders provided so my short wife can enter/exit my jeep with less effort. So far she is very happy and we all know the saying Happy Wife....

I would highly recommend the Westin Triple Tube Rock Sliders but don't trust the seller Extreme Terrain."
https://www.extremeterrain.com/mopar-hard-top-2018-jl-4-door.html
Hey fellow Jeep owners I recently purchased my JLU Rubicon in November 2018. I recently made my first aftermarket purchase of some Westin Snyper triple tube rock sliders from Extreme Terrain. I just tried to submit the following rating of this product and the seller Extreme Terrain, but the site wouldn't let me post it. Apparently because I wasn't nice to the seller? So I'm posting it here to provide my opinion on the product which I love and the seller which I lost all faith in. So here it is and I hope it might help my fellow Jeep owners in future purchases.

Anyone else have issues with the Seller Extreme Terrain?

"I originally ordered these rock sliders with the understanding they had a 2-3 week back order. About two weeks into the order, I contacted Extreme Terrain via there chat line to get an update on my order and shipment date. I was told at that time the order was now 3-4 weeks out before it would be shipped. I wasn't happy about this, but didn't complain at that time.

A week later I started looking at other sellers to see what they were selling my Westin Rock Sliders for and saw immediate shipping being offered? I checked the Extreme Terrain website and they also said ships in 2-3 days for the same product I was waiting for?

I re-contacted Extreme Terrain and asked for an update and they gave me a new shipping date of 8 weeks from my purchase date! I told them what they had posted on there website for the same part and their statement of "2-3 days shipping!" I told them this was "False Advertisement" because they were telling me 8 weeks to ship now!

The person I was chatting with explained there advertising people shouldn't have included the 2-3 days because that was incorrect and they would reach out to them to correct the problem. So now I'm pissed and after completing the chat, I submitted a scathing complaint to Extreme Terrain about there False Advertisement and Bait and Switch tactics...

Later that night I check my email and there is a notification from Extreme Terrain that my rock sliders had been shipped??? Imagine that....all of a sudden my additional 6-8 weeks became Today!

So this begs the question; Was there ever a backlog on this product or did they just ship me someone else's back logged order to appease the customer complaint? Now that guy gets the "sorry your shipment has been delayed" message.

So my opinion of Extreme Terrain is below a ONE STAR for their shady business dealings.

As for my Westin Snyper triple tube rock sliders, I rate them FIVE STARS! They are very well built and were pretty straightforward to install. I will back all posters about this being a two person job. I tried with a floor jack by myself for over an hour to install one slider, eventually calling in a buddy with a second floor jack to complete the install. Once he arrived, we had both in place within 45-60 minutes.

During the install we noted it was easier to just loosen the two body bolts instead of completely removing them as per the instructions. This allows you to slide the rock slider in between the body and bolt head without having to try and hold the complete unit up while re-threading the body bolts. This is much easier on your shoulders during the install.

I bought these rock sliders because they looked very sturdy and I saw a similar set up while wheeling and how well the tube slid off of rocks, deflecting from the jeeps body. I also needed a larger step platform than my original mopar sliders provided so my short wife can enter/exit my jeep with less effort. So far she is very happy and we all know the saying Happy Wife....

I would highly recommend the Westin Triple Tube Rock Sliders but don't trust the seller Extreme Terrain."
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/extreme-terrain-deceptive.33705/ I posted about Extreme Terrain in this link I wont be purchasing from them again
Sponsored