Silly question - LOD rear bumper options

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I am starting to look at the LOD rear bumper/tire carrier/trail basket/fuel carrier system. I really like it and it’s on my list in the next year or so.

anyway, a question: there is an option for halogen lights in the bumper. Stupid question but what are these used for? What’s the purpose? And, for those folks who have them, how did you wire?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Jeep Wrangler JL Silly question - LOD rear bumper options 24D8A12F-39C2-4A1C-B428-684A108C062B

Rigid lights that are hooked up to come on in reverse. Low amp draw and no problems with the wiring. Larger lights will need a complete harness from the battery to the lights. LOD has different plates, that are cutout different sizes for different lights. Mine were blank and I cut them for the small lights. LOD has good, solid stuff. Swinging tire carrier is great.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't do halogens, but did put some Rigids back there. I only use them to augment the horrible reverse lights or on occasion to warn dipshits behind me that they are too close ;)

Wiring is straight forward. I went from the engine bay through the frame rail and all the way out the back.

IMG_0129.jpg

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
@Reactor111
@pangmaster

Gents, thanks for the info and the images. That really helps me.

I really like the @lodoffroad rear bumper/carrier and rest of modular “system”. It seems very well thought out to me and very flexible. The only thing that they don’t seem to have is a bike rack (despite a video showing it). Maybe it’s coming?

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I have mine wired to a switch. I use them when parked at night for more rear light.

Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
@Reactor111
@pangmaster

Gents, thanks for the info and the images. That really helps me.

I really like the @lodoffroad rear bumper/carrier and rest of modular “system”. It seems very well thought out to me and very flexible. The only thing that they don’t seem to have is a bike rack (despite a video showing it). Maybe it’s coming?
You’re welcome.

They make good stuff for sure. I like it a lot, though I looked hard at JCR too.

There was talk of a LoD bike rack at some point a while back so I wonder if that was scrapped or just delayed.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Specify the tire carrier version, even if you are not planning to use it. I regret not having done that for later use.

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Specify the tire carrier version, even if you are not planning to use it. I regret not having done that for later use.
Thank you.

yes, when the time comes I intend to order the bumper, tire carrier, trail basket, and mounts for gas cans. And, I’m hoping that they have a bike rack as well.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Will you still have room for Granny Clampet and her rocking chair? What about the still...gotta have the ethanol supply in case you can only purchase pure gasoline.
Sponsored